The man accused of Melbourne's Bourke Street Mall rampage has again been excused from attending court, days after he was deemed mentally unfit to appear.
Dimitrious 'Jimmy' Gargasoulas, 27, is charged with six counts of murder and 28 of attempted murder over the January 20 incident in the city.
It's alleged he mowed down dozens of pedestrians in the busy retail strip, killing a baby boy, a schoolgirl and four other people as shoppers ran for cover.
Dimitrious 'Jimmy' Gargasoulas (pictured) is accused of driving car through Bourke Street Mall
Gargasoula, 27, (pictured) was charged with six counts of murder and 28 attempted murder
He was due to face Melbourne Magistrates' Court on Tuesday, but defence lawyer James Yianoulatos said Gargasoulas could not attend.
No reason was given and the magistrate did not question why.
Prosecutor Catherine Parkes updated the court on the case, saying police expect to complete a brief of evidence as planned.
'At this stage the informant is on track to comply by October 20,' she said.
Gargasoulas was scheduled to face court last week over unrelated charges but another defence lawyer Tass Antos said he could not attend because of mental health issues.
'He has certain issues that are being