A mother-of-five was disgusted after she found a chunk of metal in her baby's food which she feared would have choked him to death.
Rachel Rothwell, 25, made the horrifying discovery when she was feeding her 11-month-old son Riley a packet of Heinz vegetable and chicken casserole puree.
She had bought the item from an Asda store in Arnold, Nottinghamshire, while it was on offer for £4 for six packets last week.
But she said when she squeezed the puree out into a bowl and onto a spoon to feed to her son, she spotted the 2mm piece of metal at the last second.
Rachel Rothwell, 25, (pictured) was about to feed her son Riley (pictured together) when she noticed the piece of metal
She had bought the item (pictured) from an Asda store and noticed the piece of metal (right)
Ms Rothwell, of Nottingham, said: 'I was moments away from giving him a spoonful when I saw this weird small piece of metal.
'I thought 'what one earth is that?' and then when I picked it up it was that sharp it very nearly cut me.
'It was a silver hard metal piece and I dread to think what could have happened if he had eaten it. It could have sliced his throat or he could have choked.
'I don't usually buy this product but because it was on offer I