Matthew Newton is 'planning a career comeback' after fleeing to NY

Matthew Newton is 'planning a career comeback' after fleeing to New York as he vows he 'wants nothing to do with Australia'

By Ali Daher For Daily Mail Australia

Published: 11:31 GMT, 3 February 2020 | Updated: 11:31 GMT, 3 February 2020

View
comments

He has been keeping a low profile since relocating to the U.S. in 2012.

But it seems troubled actor Matthew Newton is planning a career comeback after signing with LA talent agency Kaplan-Stahler.

According to New Idea, the 43-year-old Looking for Alibrandi star, who is the son of Australian media royalty Bert and Patti Newton, is hoping to return to writing and directing.

He's back? Matthew Newton is 'planning a career comeback' after fleeing to New York in 2012 and vows he 'wants nothing to do with Australia'. Pictured at Downing Centre Local Court in Sydney on June 12, 2007

He's back? Matthew Newton is 'planning a career comeback' after fleeing to New York in 2012 and vows he 'wants nothing to do with Australia'. Pictured at Downing Centre Local Court in Sydney on June 12, 2007

'It’s been a bumpy road but he’s really trying to prove to people he has overcome his past issues and is ready to move on with his life,' a source told the publication.

They went on to say: 'There is pressure for him to relocate to LA to really get back in the driving seat of his career, network with executives and other directors'.

The star previously directed hit, Who We Are Now, which featured an all-star cast including Emma Roberts, Lea Thompson and Jason Biggs. 

New beginnings: 'It’s been a bumpy road but he’s really trying to prove to people he has overcome his past issues and is ready to move on with his life,' a source told the publication

read more from dailymail.....

Get the latest news delivered to your inbox

Follow us on social media networks

PREV Andy Serkis sports crutches at the BAFTAs after ski accident
NEXT Love Island CONFIRMS the return of Casa Amor