Actor Anthony LaPaglia has described the woeful conditions of hotel quarantine after returning to Australia from America.
Speaking to The Sunday Telegraph this week, the 61-year-old claimed the experience 'surprisingly punitive' in a less-than-pleasant review.
'No windows that opened at all for fresh air and a 15-minute walk every second day accompanied by a guard,' Anthony alleged.
Conditions: Anthony LaPaglia, 61, (pictured) has revealed what hotel quarantine in Melbourne was REALLY like and called it 'surprising punitive' in an interview with The Sunday Telegraph
Anthony claimed he needed to get a representative on the phone in order to get blood pressure medication, but was unable to do so.
'I'd had enough so I put my sneakers on and decided to get their attention by walking out of my room. The problem was resolved.
Anthony explained he wanted to 'cut them a break' as it was at a stage when no one really understood the pandemic issue. He also considered the quarantine's vital.
'No windows that opened at all for fresh air and a 15-minute walk every second day accompanied by a guard': Anthony said of the experience earlier this year
'I don't want to criticise Melbourne too harshly as it was very early on in the pandemic,' the actor said respectfully.
Anthony went on to explain he had a more positive experience during his second quarantine experience at the Novotel in Sydney's Olympic Park.
The Without A Trace actor was forced to defend staff of the hotel following reports he was 'dumped' into quarantine.
Balance: 'I don't want to criticise Melbourne too harshly as it was very early on in the pandemic,' the actor said respectfully. Pictured: June, 2017
The public has been at odds with a number of celebrities, with a July Sydney Morning Herald report suggesting there was a 'celebrity pecking order' with actress Nicole Kidman, 53, and Keith Urban, 52, granted special permission by the New South Wales Government to self-isolate at home.
Dannii Minogue was also exempt from