Strictly's Anton Du Beke hints he wants judge role NOT dancer amid claims Bruno ...

Anton Du Beke has hinted that he would like to become a permanent fixture on the judging panel rather than appearing on the dance floor.

The pro dancer, 54, who stepped in for judge Motsi Mabuse last week, said he 'doesn't like to compete now' that he's getting older in an interview with The Mirror. 

It comes amid claims that Bruno Tonioli is 'worried' about his spot on the show after missing the latest season and being concerned that 'viewers will forget about him'.

His next role? Anton Du Beke has hinted that he would like to become a permanent fixture on the judging panel rather than appearing on the dance floor (pictured on last week's show)

His next role? Anton Du Beke has hinted that he would like to become a permanent fixture on the judging panel rather than appearing on the dance floor (pictured on last week's show)

Insurance Loans Mortgage Attorney Credit Lawyer

Anton has won over viewers with his constructive critique on the judging panel after filling in last weekend when Motsi had to self-isolate following a trip to Germany.

And it appears that taster has encouraged Anton to think about trying to get a more permanent position alongside Shirley Ballas and Craig Revel Horwood.

He told The Mirror: 'As I’ve got older, I don’t like to compete now, funnily enough. If I’m playing against somebody in golf then I like that... 

'I don’t want to be that competitive any more. “I’m like, If you win then I don’t mind" I’ve been down that road.'

'Worried': Judge Bruno Tonioli is said to be concerned that viewers will 'forget about him' and be more taken with Anton while he's in America filming Dancing With The Stars (pictured on the US show)

'Worried': Judge Bruno Tonioli is said to be concerned that viewers will 'forget about him' and be more taken with Anton while he's in America filming Dancing With The Stars (pictured on the US show)

The reports come amid claims that judge Bruno Tonioli, 65, is also questioning his place on the hit dancing show. 

Bruno is currently in America after jetting to the US to film Dancing With The Stars and being unable to return for the UK show due to coronavirus restrictions.

A source told the Sun on Sunday: 'Bruno feels a bit out of the loop with the UK show and even though he hasn’t been able to film it this year, it’s really important to him.

'He has told pals he is worried about viewers preferring Anton and forgetting about him.'  

Insurance Loans Mortgage Attorney Credit Lawyer

Hanging up his dancing shoes? Anton was partnered with Jacqui Smith on the latest season, but has reportedly said that he 'doesn't like to compete' now that he is older

Hanging up his dancing shoes? Anton was partnered with Jacqui Smith on the latest season, but has reportedly said that he 'doesn't like to compete' now that he is older

MailOnline has contacted Anton and Bruno's representatives. A spokesperson for Strictly Come Dancing has also been contacted. 

It comes after Craig Revel Horwood put Anton in his place on Strictly on Saturday night, after the dancer booed him while he was giving critique. 

The judge was midway through giving Bill Bailey and Oti Mabuse feedback on their Jive, when Anton showed his disagreement of the dance being a

read more from dailymail.....

PREV Ryan Reynolds looks every bit the leading man as he shoots The Adam Project in ...
NEXT Richard Wilkins vows to cut down on the booze in 2021