In a major blow to the show as one of their top signings, the broadcaster, 65, was taken ill hours after participating in a gruelling trial and now can't return as he has broken the show's 'Covid bubble'.
Presenter Chloe, 34, took to Instagram to say she had spoken to him and that while he was annoyed he couldn't return, he was 'absolutely fine', before gushing she was 'so proud' of him.
Family: Richard Madeley's daughter Chloe has revealed that her father is 'livid' he can't go back into the I'm A Celebrity camp after his shock hospital dash on Thursday (pictured together)
She wrote: 'Thanks for all your lovely messages, dad's absolutely fine, we've been speaking to him all day.
'Ultimately, he's just livid he can't go back into camp because of Covid restrictions.'
She continued: 'He did himself proud though. He worked hard and was his calm, collected, kind and funny self. We are so proud!'
Shame: In a major blow to the show as one of their top signings, the broadcaster, 65, was taken ill hours after participating in a gruelling trial and now can't return as he has broken the show's 'Covid bubble'
In a statement Richard, who was believed to be treated at Glan Clwyd Hospital in Rhyl, reassured fans that he's 'fine' after his health scare, but confirmed he had to quit the series after breaking the show's 'Covid bubble.'
Richard said: 'Hello all! Richard here – firstly just to say that I'm absolutely FINE. I started to feel briefly unwell in the small hours of the morning and was taken to hospital as a precaution.
Statement: Presenter Chloe, 34, took to Instagram to say she had spoken to him and that while he was annoyed he couldn't return, he was 'absolutely fine', before gushing she was 'so proud' of him
'By leaving the camp, I had consequently broken the Covid 'bubble' and as such I've had to leave the castle and all the wonderful celebs that remain in the camp.
'Obviously I'm gutted to be leaving so soon but the safety of all the campmates is the number one priority. I'm incredibly excited to watch their journey continue…even more so at the prospect of being somewhere a little warmer than Gwrych Castle…
'Thank you to everyone who supported me on my brief but completely unforgettable adventure – I've made some great friends and honestly had the time of my life.'
An I'm A Celebrity spokesperson added: 'Our strict Covid protocols means Richard has sadly had to leave the show as he is no longer in the bubble the celebrities form when entering the castle.
'Unforgettable': Richard revealed he's been forced to leave the show after being rushed to hospital and breaking the show's 'Covid bubble'
'He has been a truly brilliant camp mate and we thank him for being part of this series.'
A source also told MailOnline: 'Richard is devastated. He was doing his best in the trials and embracing every part of life in camp, this isn't the way he saw his I'm A Celeb journey ending.
'Richard going back to camp would pose as too much of a risk to the other contestants, who have isolated and formed a bubble to protect themselves from a possible Covid-19 outbreak on set.
'Everyone on the show will miss him – he's been a huge part of camp and it's so disappointing he won't be able to return.'
Gross! The broadcaster, who was paid an estimated £200,000 to star in this year's competition, was taken ill hours after participating in a gruelling trial
It had been thought that musician DJ Locksmith had been enlisted as a standby contestant, but no one is set to replace Richard in the castle.
It's also thought that Richard will still be paid his full fee for his time on the show, despite spending just four days in the castle.
An ITV spokesperson previously revealed that Richard