The hit ITV show was pulled off-air for three nights due to damage caused by the storm - with the celebrities forced back into quarantine after a week in Gwrych Castle, due to safety fears. They have now returned to camp.
Appearing on Tuesday's This Morning, ahead of the show's return to screen this evening, the presenters said some of the stars had difficulty readjusting to normal life and had even taken to sleeping on the floor.
Back on: I'm A Celebrity hosts Ant McPartlin and Declan Donnelly detailed how the stars found life outside the castle - after they were removed from camp due to Storm Arwen (pictured last week)
Discussing the damage to camp, Ant said: 'The only reason they took the celebrities out of there was because we felt it was mean keeping them in there when we can't film them, we can't do trials with them.
'We took them into quarantine and it's like how it was before the show, no phones, no internet, they're cut off from the world.
Dec added: 'They'd been in there the best part of a week and had bonded and were gutted to leave.
'Arlene (Phillips) took her sleeping bag to her digs. Danny (Miller) has been sleeping on the floor because he's not comfortable on the bed. They're raring to get back in because they want the full experience.
Get me back in there! The hit ITV show was pulled off-air for three nights due to damage caused by the storm - with the celebrities forced back into quarantine after a week in Gwrych Castle, due to safety fears. They have now returned to camp (pictured last week)
Disaster: The ITV show's producers has said it was 'the worst case scenario' to lose three episodes of the money-making series and are devastated that the relentless weather conditions have destroyed valuable equipment
'They were absolutely gutted to leave and were like, 'Just get us back in as soon as you can.'
A cheeky Ant added: 'Although Frankie (Bridge) did take all her knickers to wash in the sink because they smell. I hear these things.'
Discussing the extent of the damage, Dec said: 'Sure enough the storm started coming in so we pre-recorded the show and went home.
'We came back to our cottages and could hear the winds howling and knew it was rough. Then we got a call on Saturday morning saying the wind had pretty much destroyed the tech base.
'The site was unsafe, no one was allowed back on site. There was no choice but to just pull the show over the weekend which we were just gutted about. The celebrities had to come out and go back into quarantine.
'The production team have been brilliant in getting the celebs back in so we can start the show again. It's been a monumental effort on everyone's part.'
Struggling to adjust: The hosts said: 'Arlene (Phillips) took her sleeping bag to her digs. Danny (Miller) has been sleeping on the floor because he's not comfortable on the bed'
In the wake of the storm, fears were sparked that this year's series would be axed, and Ant said: 'They could have quite easily said there's too much damage done to the production base and we won't be able to get back on the air but they've worked round the clock.'
The 2021 series has been plagued by drama, including the departure of much-hyped contestant Richard Madeley - who was forced to quit the castle after falling ill and breaking the show's Covid secure bubble with a hospital visit.
Dec said: 'We tried to get him for so long and every year we were badgering him to do it and this year he finally said yes and unfortunately had a funny turn and had to come out. That was really frustrating.
'Physically, he was fine to do it but it was just it had broken the restrictions which was so frustrating.
Ant then said: 'It's a slight worry because there's more bad weather coming next week. A bit of snow and a bit of frost, I think we can cope with that, fingers crossed.
Campmate: A cheeky Ant added: