Health coach nearly dies after catching a flesh-eating bug from a spider bite ...

A health coach nearly died after catching a flesh-eating bug from a spider bite while camping. 

Sylwia Tabor, 32, of Sacramento, California, was away with friends in Michigan when she noticed a pimple on her groin, which later grew to the size of her hand.

After developing purple swelling across her torso, Ms Tabor was diagnosed with necrotising fasciitis and endured a three-hour operation to cut out the infection.

Once recovered from her ordeal in 2017, Ms Tabor continued to feel extremely weak, which she blamed on the strict vegan diet she ate for years.

Sylwia Tabor nearly died after catching a flesh-eating bug from a spider bite while camping. To build up her strength, Ms Tabor (pictured after the ordeal) adopted a strict carnivore diet

The infection spread across her torso, forcing surgeons to cut out the infected flesh

Sylwia Tabor nearly died after catching a flesh-eating bug from a spider bite while camping. The infection spread across her torso, forcing surgeons to cut out the infected flesh (right). To build up her strength, Ms Tabor (pictured left after the ordeal) adopted a strict carnivore diet 

After starting off 2018 existing on just rare steak and offal, Ms Tabor now eats 2lbs of beef or lamb every day, seasoned with a pinch of salt, and claims she has never felt better

After starting off 2018 existing on just rare steak and offal, Ms Tabor now eats 2lbs of beef or lamb every day, seasoned with a pinch of salt, and claims she has never felt better

After a friend jokingly suggested she turn carnivore, Ms Tabor started 2018 with a resolution to exist on nothing but rare steak and offal, which she claims made her feel better than ever.

Ms Tabor, who is single, now eats just 2lbs of lamb, beef or offal every day, seasoned with a pinch of salt. 

And she even claims she is 'grateful' to her necrotising fasciitis for helping her become a carnivore. 

While on the camping trip, Ms Tabor was aware she had been bitten by a brown recluse spider.   

'I didn't think much of it at first,' she said. 'It was only a small bite on my ankle.

'But I [then] developed this pimple in my groin area, which over the next days grew and grew until it was about the size of my hand.'

Ms Tabor was rushed to A&E, where she was diagnosed and taken to surgery to prevent the infection spreading.

Thankfully, the surgery was successful and Ms Tabor recovered well without the need for a skin graft.

Although free of the infection, Ms Tabor continued to feel unwell, which she blames on a combination of the surgery and antibiotics she was prescribed, made worse by her vegan diet.

'My digestive system had been wrecked from years of only eating fruit and vegetables,' she said. 

'Then one day a friend of mine was joking and said, "maybe you should just go full carnivore", which I thought sounded like the most unhealthy thing you could do.

'But the more I looked into it, the more I discovered that meat eating is the most efficient way of absorbing nutrients, far more so than when you add carbohydrates and vegetables into the mix.'

After giving it a try, Ms Tabor claims she instantly felt better and was roused from the 'sleepwalk' state she had been in since developing necrotising fasciitis. 

'I'm grateful to the NF for making me change my diet that was killing me,' she said. 

Ms Tabor (pictured after the ordeal) was rushed to A&E when a pimple on her groin spread to the size of her hand. Once diagnosed, the surgery was a success and she did not need a skin graft

Still feeling tired, her friend jokingly suggested she try the carnivore diet

Ms Tabor (pictured left after the ordeal) was rushed to A&E when a pimple on her groin spread to the size of her hand. Once diagnosed, the surgery was a success and she did not need a skin graft. Still feeling tired, her friend jokingly suggested she try the carnivore diet (right)

Ms Tabor was bitten by a brown recluse spider (pictured) on her ankle. Although she noticed the bite, she was not worried until the pimple appeared on her groin 

Ms Tabor was bitten by a brown recluse spider (pictured) on her ankle. Although she noticed the bite, she was not worried until the pimple appeared on her groin 

Ms Tabor (pictured after) believes the combination of surgery, the antibiotics she was prescribed and years of being vegan left her unable to digest anything but plain meat

After starting off 2018 existing on just rare steak and offal, Ms Tabor now eats just 2lbs of beef or lamb every day, seasoned with a pinch of salt, and claims she has never felt better

Ms Tabor (pictured left after) believes the combination of surgery, the antibiotics she was prescribed and years of being vegan left her unable to digest anything but plain meat (right)

NECROTIZING FASCIITIS: THE VICIOUS FLESH-EATING BACTERIA

Necrotizing fasciitis, more commonly known as

read more from dailymail.....

Get the latest news delivered to your inbox

Follow us on social media networks

NEXT One new case of Type 2 diabetes every THREE MINUTES as obesity boom drives ...