By Tracy You For Mailonline
Published: 17:16 BST, 11 June 2019 | Updated: 04:46 BST, 12 June 2019
A teenage girl has reportedly had more than 100 tapioca balls trapped in her body after drinking too much of a popular Asian beverage known as 'bubble tea'.
The 14-year-old was taken to the hospital by her parents in eastern China after suffering from constipation for five days, reported a local newspaper.
Doctors said the patient, known by a pseudonym Xiao Shen, had failed to digest the tapioca balls which came with the tea.
Xiao Shen, a 14-year-old girl from China's Zhuji city, was found to have more than 100 tapioca balls stuck in her body (left) after failing to digest them. She is a big fan of bubble tea (right)
Xiao Shen is said to be a big fan of 'bubble tea', a beverage popular in East Asia which normally contains tea, milk and