Breaking news
How Facebook sees the Russian ad scandal -
Harry Styles makes a statement in retro diamond-print suit -
Paralympian Shelley Chaplin has her $10,000 bike stolen -
Samuel Johnson leads emotional tributes for sister Connie -
Bachelor Simone Ormesher's casting call for new boyfriend -
Thomas Cook pilots to stage 24-hour strike over pay -
Shanina Shaik all dressed up for trip home from Milan -
Tim Robards and Anna Heinrich enjoy Saturday session -

Toddler hospitalized after ingesting marijuana

An 18-month-old was hospitalized after ingesting marijuana in his parents' home in San Diego, California.

The toddler was taken to Sharp Chula Vista Medical Center on Sunday evening and a nurse reported him to be lethargic, according to Fox 5 News.

Police are investigating neglect and child abuse charges for the toddler's parents because the marijuana was available for him to ingest.

The boy has since been transferred to Rady Children’s Hospital and his condition remains unclear. 

Experts warn that children ingesting marijuana is on the rise in states across the United States and could cause harmful effects on their health in the long-term.  

A toddler in San Diego was hospitalized after ingesting marijuana. Children under 12 can experience adverse effects if they ingest the substance because of their size and weight. States such as Colorado have seen an increase in children ingesting marijuana

A toddler in San Diego was hospitalized after ingesting marijuana. Children under 12 can experience adverse effects if they ingest the substance because of their size and weight. States such as Colorado have seen an increase in children ingesting marijuana

Acute intoxication of marijuana can be harmful for children under the age of 12 because of their size and weight. 

'Edible' marijuana has stronger effects than when it is smoked or vaporized. 

Children who accidentally ingest the drug are at risk of acute intoxication because they aren't large enough to handle the drugs effects.

Symptoms will also last longer when ingested because the marijuana has to be digested through the intestinal systems before

read more from dailymail.....

Get the latest news delivered to your inbox

Follow us on social media networks

PREV Type 2 diabetes IS reversible
NEXT 'Mermaid baby's' skin condition makes it shed too fast