Neymar's mother has urged her son to focus on his football in an emotional open letter backing him over rape allegations.
Nadine Goncalves da Silva Santos also encouraged the football star to 'forgive' the 26-year-old who claims he raped her in a Paris hotel room last month.
The deeply-religious mum-of-two, showing she felt confident the 27-year-old would be cleared of any wrongdoing, wrote on Instagram: 'Son, now everything is finally being clarified and the truth of God is coming to the fore, it's time to learn with all this and return to his first love Jesus Christ.
Neymar's mother has publicly backed her son over rape allegations in an open letter
Nadine Goncalves da Silva Santos (centre) wrote she was confident he would be cleared and posted a photo with Neymar and his sister Rafaella Beckran (right) on Instagram
'He is the only one who really knows his heart, confide in him.
'Focus solely on what you most love in life which is playing football.
'This is what is going to give you back the happiness that's been missing in the last few days.
'As Christians that we are, forgive that girl. Your sister and I, as women, can assure you that she does not represent us.
'I love you lots and I will continue praying for you every day of my life. God bless you. I love you.'
She posted a photo posted the message alongside a photo of her embracing Neymar and his sister Rafaella Beckran.
Neymar's mother (right) urged him to 'forgive' the accuser and to focus instead on his football
She also backed him over the rape claims as Neymar's dad insisted he would prefer to see his son charged with computer crimes than branded a rapist.
Alluding to a new police probe over the footballer's controversial decision to defend himself by publishing photos of his accuser and messages they had exchanged, Neymar Santos said: 'Imagine allowing an accusation like that, seeing how your son is called a rapist.
'That's why Neymar decided to expose himself like that. We protected the woman's face and her name, we did what we could, but it was a defence.'
Rio de Janeiro's cybercrime police division wants Neymar to testify about the video he published with messages and images allegedly exchanged with his accuser.
Investigator Paulo Sartori of Rio's cybercrime police division said that two of his agents visited Brazil's training ground on Monday, where the team is preparing for the Copa America.
Neymar, who is the world's most expensive player, has denied claims he raped a woman in a Paris hotel last month. He took to Instagram (pictured) to claim the incident was 'a set-up'
Neymar's accuser, who has been named on Brazilian TV as well as in Spanish media, claims the footballer flew her from Brazil to a hotel in Paris after they met through Instagram.
She alleges he arrived at the hotel on May 15 'drunk' and after conversation and embraces, 'became aggressive and through violence, engaged in