By Richard Tanner For The Daily Mail
Published: 22:30 GMT, 22 November 2019 | Updated: 23:31 GMT, 22 November 2019
Jurgen Klopp's frequently-voiced concerns over the fixture demands placed on top players have been deepened by the prospect of Mo Salah being called-up by Egypt for the Olympics next summer.
It is understood Egyptian FA officials are keen for the talismanic Liverpool striker to be one of three 'over-age' players in their Under 23 squad for Japan.
That would mean the striker facing a third consecutive summer international tournament after appearing for his country in the World Cup in 2018 and the African Cup of Nations earlier this year.
Jurgen Klopp is keen for Mohamed Salah to have a complete summer off at end of this season
Salah (seen training on Thursday) is a doubt for Liverpool's trip to Crystal Palace on Saturday
And the prospect of Salah coming off the back of what could be a 60-game plus season for club and country to head to the Olympics is clearly not something Klopp is relishing.
He will prefer that the striker has a complete break next summer and will investigate whether Salah would want - or is even allowed - to decline a call-up for a tournament that runs from July 22 to August 8 and would rule him out of Liverpool's pre-season preparations and the start of next season.
Klopp said: 'There are some problems I know in the future, this I know from an hour ago that Egypt have qualified for the Olympics. I have to speak to Mo. I don't know if I do it today, or whenever. Who said they want him? Do they have a manager who said it? Do we know if we have to [send]? I do not know that.'
While that is a long-term issue, Klopp has a