sport news Eddie Hearn confirms Dillian Whyte will take on Alexander Povetkin behind ...

Eddie Hearn confirms Dillian Whyte will take on Alexander Povetkin behind closed doors... despite Body Snatcher requesting to 'fight in a car park'

By Tom Caldon For Mailonline

Published: 18:17 BST, 1 May 2020 | Updated: 18:29 BST, 1 May 2020

View
comments

Matchroom promoter Eddie Hearn says Dillian Whyte will fight Alexander Povetkin behind closed doors when boxing returns.

The British heavyweight - who is mandatory challenger for Tyson Fury's WBC belt - had been scheduled to fight the Russian on May 2, but the Coronavirus pandemic put paid to the Manchester Arena show.  

Katie Taylor's undisputed lightweight title fight with Amanda Serrano had been slated for the undercard, and Hearn has either fans will be unable to attend either contest when the event does eventually go ahead. 

Dillian Whyte's fight with Alexander Povetkin will take place behind closed doors

Dillian Whyte's fight with Alexander Povetkin will take place behind closed doors

'A lot of people think it is difficult for bigger fights to happen behind closed doors,' Whyte's promoter Eddie Hearn told The Boxing Show on Sky Sports.

'Whyte vs Povetkin is one of the fights we are

read more from dailymail.....

Get the latest news delivered to your inbox

Follow us on social media networks

PREV sport news Eddie Hearn reveals Dillian Whyte will take on Alexander Povetkin behind closed ...
NEXT sport news Roma boss Paulo Fonseca wants to keep Man United loanee Chris Smalling for at ...