'I hope I've become a better person': Aziz Ansari finally addresses sexual ...

Aziz Ansari is finally addressing the sexual misconduct claims that broke out last year and caused him to flee from the spotlight. 

The Master of None creator laid low following the allegations made by a 24-year-old New York photographer who accused the comedian of repeatedly pressuring her to have sex when they went on a date in September 2017.

The comedian addressed the bombshell accusations during a pop-up show in New York on Monday saying he hasn't been talking about the ordeal because he wanted to process it and find the right words to say in response. 

'It's a terrifying thing to talk about,' he said to the crowd of 200 people. 

About 18,000 signed up to try and nab a seat at his show at the Village Underground, the Comedy Cellar's sister venue in New York City. No filming was allowed inside and guests placed their phones in locked Yondr pouches. 

Aziz Ansari, 35, is finally addressing the sexual misconduct claims against him saying 'I felt really upset and humiliated and embarrassed, and ultimately I just felt terrible this person felt this way'

Aziz Ansari, 35, is finally addressing the sexual misconduct claims against him saying 'I felt really upset and humiliated and embarrassed, and ultimately I just felt terrible this person felt this way'

The comedian spoke at a packed show at Village Underground in New York City on Monday night and touched on the sexual misconduct allegations for the first time

The 200 audience members had their phones locked in Yondr pouches during the performance

The comedian spoke at a packed show at Village Underground in New York City on Monday night and touched on the sexual misconduct allegations for the first time. The 200 audience members had their phones locked in Yondr pouches during the performance

'There were times I felt really upset and humiliated and embarrassed, and ultimately I just felt terrible this person felt this way,' he said with a quivering voice, according to Vulture. 

'But you know, after a year, how I feel about it is, I hope it was a step forward. It made me think about a lot, and I hope I've become a better person,' he said. 

Ansari said after the scandal, a friend told him he was forced to rethink every date he had ever been on.

'If that has made not just me but other guys think about this, and just be more thoughtful and aware and willing to go that extra mile, and make sure someone else is comfortable in that moment, that's a good thing,' he said.  

'I think it also just gave me perspective on my life,' Ansari said. 

The allegations and scandal made the comedian fear for his career.  

'There was a moment where I was scared that I'd

read more from dailymail.....

Get the latest news delivered to your inbox

Follow us on social media networks

PREV Kids adorable reactions when their dad surprises them with a pit bull puppy ...
NEXT Father-of-two, 41, builds Boeing 737 flight simulator in his dining room for ...