Teenage boy miraculously maintains his eyesight iPhone battery explodes in his ...

Teenage boy miraculously maintains his eyesight after an iPhone battery explodes in his face – leaving him with scars on his chest A teenage boy was injured after a phone battery exploded as he was handling it  Jay Watson, 15, was rushed to hospital on Sunday evening after the incident  Manufacturers warn not to tamper with lithium ion batteries due to volatility 

By Brett Lackey For Daily Mail Australia

Published: 12:22 BST, 1 April 2019 | Updated: 12:23 BST, 1 April 2019

View
comments

A 15-year-old boy is lucky to have his sight after a phone battery exploded in his face, leaving him with burns on his chest. 

Jay Watson, from Brisbane, was tinkering with his iPhone 6 on Sunday night when the battery ignited. 

As well as singeing the boys hair, the explosion sprayed battery acid on to his chest. 

Jay Watson, from Brisbane, (pictured with his mother) was tinkering with his iPhone 6 on Sunday night when the battery ignited

Jay Watson, from Brisbane, (pictured with his mother) was tinkering with his iPhone 6 on Sunday night when the battery ignited

The explosion sprayed battery acid which left burns on his chest

The explosion sprayed battery acid which left burns on his chest 

'I wanted to see what was inside,' Jay told

Get the latest news delivered to your inbox

Follow us on social media networks

NEXT Beauty makeover: Elizabeth Holmes gets a fresh blow-out while dialing back on ...