By Kylie Stevens For Daily Mail Australia
Published: 01:40 BST, 1 July 2019 | Updated: 02:21 BST, 1 July 2019
NRL star George Burgess has shown his softer side as he anxiously awaits his fate on a gruesome eye gouge charge that could see him suspended for the rest of the season.
The South Sydney Rabbitohs prop faces a lengthy stint on the sidelines after he was accused of eye gouging Wests Tigers hooker Robbie Farah during his side's round 15 loss at Parramatta's Bankwest Stadium last Thursday night.
Burgess will face the NRL judiciary on Tuesday night, where he faces a minimum 10 match ban.
His heavily pregnant wife Joanna posted an adorable Instagram story on Sunday of the relaxed and doting dad-of-two asleep on the couch, snuggled up with their eldest child Boston, two, with red love hearts added to the snap.
Scroll down for video
Doting dad George Burgess looked relaxed with two-year-old son Boston while he faces an anxious wait of whether he'll play footy again this season
* Test, 2018-contrary conduct (eye gouge) - 4 weeks
* round 7, 2018 - careless high tackle - 0 weeks
* round 8, 2017-shoulder charge, grade 2 - 4 weeks
* round 3, 2017 - striking, grade 2 - 2 weeks
* round 26, 2015 - contrary conduct (throwing water bottle) grade 2 - 2 weeks
* round 22, 2014- dangerous contact (chicken wing) grade 2 - 2 weeks
* round 6, 2014 - tripping, grade 1 - 1 week
* round 3, 2014 - careless high tackle, grade 1- 0 weeks
It's the second time in nine months the