High school friend of Dayton shooter Connor Betts says he cut ties with him ...

A former friend of Dayton gunman Connor Betts has told of how the 24-year-old held a gun to his head earlier this year in a chilling warning sign that all was not well.

Will El-Fakir, who went to high school with Betts, told the Dayton Daily News that he cut ties with him five months ago after a pistol was pointed at him.

'He was getting a little violent with friends,' El-Fakir said. 'He started bringing guns around us for no particular reason.' 

El-Fakir said Betts had also made some troubling comments earlier this year, including how he would go to bars to scope them out. 

Dayton gunman Connor Betts

Betts was killed by police after he gunned down nine people in Dayton on Sunday

As investigators try to piece together a motive, a disturbing profile has since emerged painted by former classmates who claim he was obsessed with death

Adelia Johnson, who said she dated Connor Betts for a few months before their relationship ended in May, said he showed her a video of a mass shooting on their first date

Adelia Johnson, who said she dated Connor Betts for a few months before their relationship ended in May, said he showed her a video of a mass shooting on their first date

'There were times when he went to bars and just scoped the place out,' El-Fakir said. 'He'd say, 'If I brought this-or-that through here, it would have done some damage.' 

'No one really took him seriously. We were all young guys and we had known each other for years. It's not something you'd see your friends doing.' 

Betts family have said they are both ‘shocked’ and ‘devastated’ by the events of Sunday morning that claimed the lives of nine including Betts’s own sister, Megan, 22.

In a statement read outside their Ohio home, Bellbrook Police Chief Doug Doherty, they went onto offer ‘heartfelt prayers and condolences,’ to the victims of their son’s devastating attack.

The family did not address the fact that their son was the perpetrator of what they referred to as ‘the horror of Sunday’s events,’ and offered no apology.

They stated that they are co-operating with law enforcement and asked only that their privacy be respected, ‘in order to mourn the loss of their son and daughter and to process the horror of Sunday’s events.’

Betts gunned down nine people, including his 22-year-old sister Megan, in Dayton, Ohio on Sunday

Betts gunned down nine people, including his 22-year-old sister Megan, in Dayton, Ohio on Sunday

They made no distinction between the loss of their son and daughter and no reference to the fact that Megan met her end at her brother’s hands.

Betts’s family has remained silent while investigators try to piece together the events of Sunday morning.

A search warrant was conducted on the family home on Sunday morning and officers are understood to be reviewing Betts’s computer and phone .

Investigators have admitted that they are ‘nowhere near’ establishing a motive for the horrific attack.

Chase Beard, Betts’s best friend who shared a ride into the Oregon District with the shooter and his sister that night is speaking to law enforcement from his hospital bed.

Beard was shot in the gut and as the sole survivor of that journey he is now a crucial witness.

Lyndsi Doll, another ex-girlfriend who dated Betts briefly in high school, recalls him hearing voices and having hallucinations

Lyndsi Doll, another ex-girlfriend who dated Betts briefly in high school, recalls him hearing voices and having hallucinations

Other former classmates at Bellbrook High School have also been sharing details they believe show that there were warning signs were there long before he gunned down his sister and eight others on Sunday.    

Jessica Masseth, a female classmate who was named on a rape list compiled by Betts, said she contacted police at the time and that she handed her phone over to authorities so they could see threats he sent her. 

'The school failed us. The police failed us. He spoke and wrote of rape, decapitation and just the total destruction of those on that list, which included me,' Masseth wrote on Facebook. 

'None of us are surprised by this. My mom called me with his name and I said 'makes sense'. If Bellbrook High School had taken it more seriously... If the police had treated it like it should have been treated... There are levels of failure here that are sick. 

'This could have been prevented 10 f**king years ago when I made that phone call, when I was interviewed by the police and when I told the school.' 

Betts, who was wearing body armor and a mask during the massacre, was shot dead by police outside a bar about 30 seconds after he first opened fire

Betts, who was wearing body armor and a mask during the massacre, was shot dead by police outside a bar about 30 seconds after he first opened fire 

The rape list included girls who had spurned his advances or thought they were better than him. There was another 'kill list' that included names of boys who he considered a threat. 

Betts was once taken off a school bus by police and then later suspended after the lists were reported to authorities. 

An ex-classmate who worked with Betts at a fast food restaurant claims he threatened to kill customers who didn't leave tips and another said he regularly spoke of rape and decapitation. 

'Connor Betts was a psychopath... I remember when he threatened to shoot up our school and had a hit list of people

read more from dailymail.....

Get the latest news delivered to your inbox

Follow us on social media networks

PREV Bougainville agrees with PNG to delay independence vote mogaznewsen
NEXT Jernigan Capital: 2Q Earnings Snapshot