By John Bennett For Mailonline
Published: 14:08 BST, 1 September 2019 | Updated: 14:08 BST, 1 September 2019
A mother-of-four has had a lucky escape after her care spontaneously combusted while she was in a McDonald's drive-thru.
Louise Smith, from Hampshire, was ordering burgers with her eight-year-old daughter, Olivia-Mai, in the car when the two heard a loud popping sound and smoke began to billow out from under the bonnet.
Wanting to check on the car, Louise drove to the car park where she discovered flames pouring out from the car's headlights.
Mobile phone footage taken by onlookers shows the Zafira completely engulfed in flames outside McDonald's in Havant, Hampshire, with Ms Smith reduced to tears as she called the fire brigade.
Ms Smith said: "I told the lady at the drive-through window we needed to get to the car park so I could have a look at my car.
"I went to the front of the car and the headlight on my daughter's side had flames coming out of it.
"My daughter got out of the car, I dragged her to the other side of the drive-through and shouted at other drivers saying