Thai football fan is 'electrocuted by his phone' as he watched a match

sonos sonos One (Gen 2) - Voice Controlled Smart Speaker with Amazon Alexa Built-in - Black read more
Football fan is ‘electrocuted by his phone’ as he watched a match on his handset in bed with the charger plugged in WARNING: GRAPHIC CONTENT   Somchai Singkhorn, 40, was watching football on his handset in bed on Tuesday  Police in Samut Prakan, Thailand suspect that Somchai was then electrocuted Laotian roommate Saeng thought his friend was just ill when he first found him  Police said Somchai may have died differently after finding beer in his room 

By Ryan Fahey For Mailonline

Published: 09:01 GMT, 14 November 2019 | Updated: 09:26 GMT, 14 November 2019

View
comments

A chef who liked to stay up late watching football on his phone is believed to have died after being electrocuted by the handset.

Somchai Singkhorn, 40, was last seen on Tuesday night laying on his mattress with a can of beer, watching TV on his phone with his headphones plugged in. 

But Somchai, who worked as a restaurant cook, was found dead the next morning in his room in Samut Prakan, Thailand, with burn marks on his arm and neck where they had touched the cable. 

The phone was plugged into the mains and the earphones were resting across Somchai's arm, face and neck. 

Somchai Singkhorn (pictured), 40, was last seen on Tuesday night laying on his mattress with a can of beer watching TV on his phone with his headphones plugged in

Somchai Singkhorn (pictured), 40, was last seen on Tuesday night laying on his mattress with a can of beer watching TV on his phone with his headphones plugged in

Somchai Singkhorn, 40, is pictured after police discovered him dead in his room on Wednesday. Authorities suspect that his phone cable electrocuted him on Tuesday night due to the burn marks across his arm and neck where the cable rested

Somchai Singkhorn, 40, is pictured after police discovered him dead in his room on Wednesday. Authorities suspect that his phone cable electrocuted him on Tuesday night due to the burn marks across his arm and neck where the cable rested

Though police suspect electrocution as the cause of death, officers said that Somchai could have died by other means. They noted that beer cans and fizzy drinks were found at the end of his bed (pictured). They failed to give any more information about suspected causes

Though police suspect electrocution as the cause of death, officers said that Somchai

read more from dailymail.....

Get the latest news delivered to your inbox

Follow us on social media networks

NEXT Reuters World News Summary