Couple plan to launch lucrative careers raking in MILLIONS

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex last night revealed they plan to relaunch their careers – potentially earning millions of pounds a year.

In an astonishing statement on their new website, they complained they had been unable to earn their own money as senior royals.

They will give up their income from the Sovereign Grant – the money taxpayers give to the Queen every year – and launch themselves onto the international celebrity circuit.

They will need to strike lucrative commercial deals to maintain the lavish lifestyle to which they are comfortably accustomed.

Until now Harry and Meghan have been ‘prohibited from earning any income in any form’ – as they pointed out last night in a lengthy statement on their official website.

Duchess of Sussex and Prince Harry Prince Harry and Meghan Duchess of Sussex visit to Canada House on Tuesday before their announcement that they would be 'stepping back'

Duchess of Sussex and Prince Harry Prince Harry and Meghan Duchess of Sussex visit to Canada House on Tuesday before their announcement that they would be 'stepping back'

The couple will keep Frogmore Cottage (above) that was gifted to them by the Queen

The couple will keep Frogmore Cottage (above) that was gifted to them by the Queen

The couple renovated the property and put their own touches in each and every room (bath above)

The couple renovated the property and put their own touches in each and every room (bath above)

The couple issued a declaration that they were looking forward to ‘becoming financially independent’. They said they had ‘made the choice’ to ‘no longer receive funding’ from the Sovereign Grant, adding: ‘Their Royal Highnesses prefer to release this financial tie.’

No one knows how much the grant is worth to Harry and Meghan but in forfeiting it they have effectively liberated themselves from most accountability to taxpayers over their spending.

Defending their new status, they stressed: ‘There is precedent for this structure and it applies to other current members of the Royal Family who support the monarch and also have full-time jobs external to their commitment to the monarchy.’

While the statement on the couple’s website makes great play of the fact they are giving up the money from the Sovereign Grant, it does not say whether they will be making do without the cash they get from Prince Charles via his private £1.2billion Duchy of Cornwall estate – which some argue should be regarded as a public asset.

They posted a brand new web page which detailed all of the changes which would now take place

They posted a brand new web page which detailed all of the changes which would now take place 

The graphic above which they posted to their website details how The Crown Estate works

The graphic above which they posted to their website details how The Crown Estate works 

Charles paid £4.9million to his sons from his duchy income last year, of which slightly less than half is believed to have gone to Harry.

Yesterday the Sussexes said the money from Charles amounted to 95 per cent of their office expenditure. They added: ‘The remaining 5 per cent of funding for the Office of the Duke and Duchess of Sussex, covering costs associated with employing members of their official office, is received through the Sovereign Grant.’ The couple stressed that ‘wherever possible and unless advised otherwise on security grounds’, they travel using ‘commercial carriers, local trains and fuel-efficient vehicles’.

sonos sonos One (Gen 2) - Voice Controlled Smart Speaker with Amazon Alexa Built-in - Black read more

Harry’s other wealth comes from his estimated

read more from dailymail.....

Get the latest news delivered to your inbox

Follow us on social media networks

PREV Japan issues arrest warrant for wife of ex-Nissan chairman mogaznewsen
NEXT Hawaii crash update: Tour copter hit ridge, then fell