Islamic State claims south London attack - Amaq news agency

CAIRO, Feb 3 (Reuters) - Islamic State has claimed responsibility for a stabbing attack in south London, without giving evidence, the group's Amaq news agency said on Monday.

"The perpetrator of the attack in Streatham district in south London yesterday is a fighter of Islamic State, and carried out the attack in response to calls to attack the citizens of coalition countries," a statement carried by Amaq said.

The assailant in Sunday's attack, who was shot dead by police, had previously praised the Islamic State, shared an online al Qaeda magazine and encouraged his girlfriend to behead her parents. (Reporting by Omar Fahmy; Writing by Aidan Lewis; Editing by Alison Williams)

sonos sonos One (Gen 2) - Voice Controlled Smart Speaker with Amazon Alexa Built-in - Black read more

all right reserved for yahoo news

Get the latest news delivered to your inbox

Follow us on social media networks

PREV Sajid Javid says he stepped down as Chancellor 'to avoid being humiliated' 
NEXT Former Belgian-Nicaraguan political prisoner calls for probe into Ortega government