Prince Harry and Meghan Markle 'will not return for Prince Andrew's 60th ...

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle will not return for Prince Andrew's 60th family birthday dinner because they 'already have commitments' - but plan to send a video message, royal expert claims Duke and Duchess of Sussex are currently residing in Canada with son Archie Prince Harry and Meghan quit as senior members of the Royal Family last month Prince Andrew turns 60 on February 19 but Sussexes will not attend his party Queen is believed to be holding a 'small family dinner' to mark the milestone Sussexes have 'commitments on day' but plan to send a gift and video message

By Hayley Richardson For Mailonline

Published: 14:04 GMT, 14 February 2020 | Updated: 15:29 GMT, 14 February 2020

6

View
comments

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle will not return to the UK to celebrate Prince Andrew's 60th birthday - but will send a gift and a video message to be played at his party, a source has claimed.

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex have been residing in Canada since they quit as senior members of the Royal Family last month.

British media correspondent Neil Sean told Fox News it is an 'open secret' that the couple declined the invite to celebrate Harry's uncle's birthday.

'It's not very nice for the Queen as, whatever people say and think, [Andrew] is [still] her son and she wanted her close family around her,' he said.

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle, pictured in January, will not return to the UK to celebrate Prince Andrew's 60th birthday - but will send a gift and a video message to be played at his party, a source has claimed

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle, pictured in January, will not return to the UK to celebrate Prince Andrew's 60th birthday - but will send a gift and a video message to be played at his party, a source has claimed

In November it was reported the monarch has scrapped plans to host a party for Prince Andrew (pictured last month at church in Norfolk) to mark his 60th birthday in the wake of the Jeffrey Epstein scandal

In November it was reported the monarch has scrapped plans to host a party for Prince Andrew (pictured last month at church in Norfolk) to mark his 60th birthday in the wake of the Jeffrey Epstein scandal

'The reason given is that they already have commitments on the day but also plan to send a gift/card and a video message to be played at the party.' 

In November it was reported the monarch has scrapped plans to host a party for Prince Andrew to mark his 60th birthday in the wake of the Jeffrey Epstein scandal. 

The Duke of York was sacked from his royal duties following a now-infamous Newsnight interview, after which he was accused of showing a lack of empathy with Epstein's victims.

The Queen, 93, is

read more from dailymail.....

Get the latest news delivered to your inbox

Follow us on social media networks

PREV Man called Storm Denniss trolled as UK hit by extreme weather
NEXT Former Belgian-Nicaraguan political prisoner calls for probe into Ortega government