A 'fit and healthy' banker from Wales has died at his home while in self-isolation with coronavirus symptoms - after refusing to call an ambulance because they would be 'too busy dealing with other people'.
Tim Galley, who is understood to have had no underlying health conditions, had to remain separated from his
girlfriend Donna Cuthbert after he became unwell last Sunday.
His illness began with a small tickle in his throat which he developed after going on a stag do on Saturday.
Britain has now seen more than 9,500 confirmed cases of coronavirus, with 465 dead.
Mr Galley, 47, decided not to go into work on Monday and started to develop a fever, heartbroken Ms Cuthbert, 46, told North Wales Live.
She had been unable to see him because he decided to remain on his own, but Ms Cuthbert said messages from him grew less frequent.
Tim Galley, from Wrexham, who died in self-isolation after developing coronavirus symptoms, pictured with his partner Donna Cuthbert
Britain has now seen more than 9,500 confirmed cases of coronavirus, with 465 dead
Mr Galley's body had to be taken away from his Wrexham flat by paramedics in protective clothing on Tuesday.
Ms Cuthbert said: 'Of course I was very worried about when he developed the fever, as I was worried about the coronavirus.
'But as he wanted to protect me I couldn't go and visit him,' she said.
The mother from Old Colwyn, north Wales, added: 'As he was getting steadily worse I asked him to phone for an ambulance but he kept on saying to me that he was fine, that he had no underlying health conditions and that they would be too busy dealing with other people.'
Mr Galley's death is revealed today as:One of the government's top coronavirus advisers, Professor Neil Ferguson, said the UK's epidemic will get worse before it gets better but the peak of it could pass by Easter; Chancellor Rishi Sunak is set to finally unveil a coronavirus bailout for millions of stricken self-employed workers - with signs they could get cash payments of up to £1,700 a month; Mother-of-three Kayla Williams is revealed to have died in her flat after calling 999 and being told she was not a priority despite displaying symptoms of coronavirus; Dyson has been handed an order of 10,000 ventilators from the Government to save the lives of Britons floored by coronavirus despite the engineering giant never making them before; The Government has admitted it has no idea if the 3.5million antibody tests it has ordered work - despite a senior official saying they would available in Boots or on Amazon within days Military personnel arrived at the ExCel London which is going be turned it to the Nightingale Hospital to help in the fight against Covid-19
On Monday night Ms Cuthbert messaged her partner of four years, worrying that she wasn't going to see him for a couple of weeks because they would both have to self-isolate.
His reply was: 'Don't be silly, or course you will.'
Ms Cuthbert, who runs a wedding business, added Mr Galley was 'adored by her children'
Pictured: An Army truck arrives at the ExCel London which is going be turned it to the Nightingale Hospital to help in the fight against Covid-19
Military personnel arriving at the ExCel centre in east London today as the emergency hospital preparations get underway
The coronavirus pandemic is taking its toll on the country - which is now on lockdown as more and more Britons are infected and, tragically, die with the virus.
Kayla Williams, 36, died of suspected Covid-19 at her apartment in Peckham.
Her life was cut short on Saturday, when paramedics came to her south London address.
Husband Fabian Willams told the Guardian his wife was suffering a cough, high fever and severe chest and stomach pains on Friday.
Documents say she was being treated as a suspected coronavirus case when she was told to stay at home.
Chloe Middleton, a 21-year-old woman with no pre-existing medical conditions, died from the coronavirus, her family has said.
She is thought to be the youngest victim in the UK to have no underlying medical conditions.
Her mother Diane Middleton posted a heartbreaking tribute to her daughter today on social media.
Writing on Facebook Mrs Middleton, who lives in Buckinghamshire said: 'To all the people out there that thinks it's just a virus please think again speaking from a personal experience this so called virus has taken the life of my 21 year old daughter.'
Just days ago it was announced that an 18-year-old man had also died from the virus.
Chloe Middleton (pictured above) is believed to be the youngest coronavirus victim in the UK - she is thought to have had no underlying health conditions
Mr Galley, who worked at the M&S Bank, didn't return any of Ms Cuthbert's calls after that.
She added: 'On Tuesday morning I was panicking as Tim didn't return my calls. I asked his neighbour to check on him as they had a key. They found him in bed.
'Paramedics in protective clothing came, and I just can't bare the thought he was all alone.'
Ms Cuthbert, who runs a wedding business, added Mr Galley was 'adored by her children'.
'He just had such a massive heart and we had such a wonderful life together.
'We were supposed to be attending my daughter Danielle's wedding but that has also been cancelled because of the coronavirus.
'We went on so many holidays and had so many things planned. He was my future.'
She added: 'Tim gave me so much love happiness and amazing times.
'He was so very special to my daughter Danni, and my other children and was ''pops'' to Olivia and Ariyah and won't get to meet Ryan and Maxine's baby.'
Ms Cuthbert said she hoped people would take coronavirus advice from the government and health professionals seriously.
She said: 'Please, please will you all take the advice and stay indoors and follow the rules this virus is serious and taking our loved ones.
'I just want everyone to stay safe and stay home.
'Tim took all the precautions but still this virus got him, my heart is shattered into tiny pieces.'Is it working? UK records 43 coronavirus deaths in past 24 hours compared to 87 yesterday... and new infections level out Footage shows police dispersing members of the public intent on flouting the government's lockdown rules Police dispersed members of the public soaking up the sun in Shepherd's Bush in West London Groups of people were pictured enjoying the good weather in part of Cheltenham on Wednesday On Monday, Boris Johnson addressed the nation and ordered a lockdown for at least three weeks Shoppers have also been pictured continuing to squeeze together at supermarkets across the country The Prince of Wales has tested positive and is in self-isolation at his home on the Balmoral estate, Scotland
By Chantelle Edmunds and Joe Middleton for MailOnline
The UK has recorded 43 coronavirus deaths in the past 24 hours compared to 87 on Tuesday, but new infections have increased by a record 1,452 to 9,529 as Britons continued to flout the lockdown.
Twenty-eight more patients died in England, six more patients died in Scotland, five in Wales and four in Northern Ireland - bringing the total death toll to 465 in Britain.
They included a 47-year-old who did not have an underlying health condition. The others who died, including one person aged 93, did have underlying health conditions.
In contrast, eighty-seven infected Brits died the day before. Despite the death rate falling by half, the country saw a record spike in cases on Wednesday, with 1,452 more patients known to have caught the deadly virus, bringing the total number of cases to 9,529.
The Department of Health and Social Care late on Wednesday evening confirmed a total of 97,019 people have been tested with found 87,490 negative. The update said that 463 people had been killed by the virus, but it added that the data did not cover a 24 hour period.
The update for the previous death toll on Tuesday was at 1pm, so the data only covers from then until 9am Wednesday, which would explain some if not all of the difference in the death rate.
Scotland only announced two deaths on Tuesday, while Wales confirmed just one. Both countries have now had 22 coronavirus victims.
Northern Ireland this afternoon announced two more fatalities as well as two last night, taking their total to seven deaths.
British Prime Minister, Boris Johnson, announced strict lockdown measures on Monday urging people to stay at home and only leave the house for basic food shopping, exercise once a day and essential travel to and from work (groups pictured in Piccadilly Gardens, Manchester)
The true size of the outbreak is unclear because only patients in hospital are routinely tested. The true size of the outbreak is likely to be closer to the 400,000 mark, experts have said.
Despite clear government guidance, members of the public are continuing to the rules by heading out to sunbathe on the second day of the coronavirus lockdown.
Footage has emerged showing police dispersing Britons gathering in parks and other public places, with people gathering despite strict advice to stay at home yo avoid the outbreak overwhelming the NHS.
In Shepherd's Bush in West London, people soaked up the sun, seemingly oblivious to the tight restrictions imposed by the government on Monday. Police were seen telling the sun worshipers to leave and go home.
Others were seen enjoying the weather at Battersea Park in South West London, on the beach in Portsmouth and in the sea off Eastbourne today despite the Prime Minister urging people to stay at home.
Meanwhile in Manchester, officers today dispersed groups, some of which greeted each other with a hug, along with sunbathers in Piccadilly Gardens. Police also used megaphones to tell people to stay at home unless absolutely necessary, saying 'this is serious, we need to beat corona.'
Professor James Naismith, director of the Rosalind Franklin Institute, University of Oxford, said: 'Every one of the deaths is, for the families and friends, a tragedy. That the number of deaths is less than yesterday is a relief.
Charles was last seen with the Queen on March 9 at the Commonwealth Service at Westminster Abbey and saw her again on March 12 - 24 hours before his doctor claims he became contagious. Her Majesty is well but taking appropriate medical advice and is with Philip at Windsor with a skeleton team of just eight
'However, just as the headlines of death toll 'worse than Italy' were misguided and based on over-interpretation of a single day, a lower number today on its own is not a reliable guide. The Government's measures will take time both to have their effect and to be confirmed as working.
'I would urge people neither to panic nor celebrate on the basis of the numbers on any single day, rather we all need to focus on social distancing and kindness. We have the best epidemiologists in the world, only their complex mathematical analysis of the data can tell us what is happening.
'No-one has ever claimed that the virus would leave apparently healthy younger people completely untouched, the sad death of the 47-year-old confirms what the Chinese data had told us - no-one is entirely safe. We must all follow the Government advice on social distancing, not just for the benefit of the vulnerable but for all our sakes.'
Earlier, Boris Johnson said the Government was 'massively ramping up' testing for coronavirus, as he announced that 405,000 people have now signed up as volunteers to help vulnerable people.
He said it was hoped that 'very soon' 250,000 tests would be carried out each day.
Speaking at the daily press conference inside Number 10, he added that he wanted to offer a 'special thank you to everyone who has now volunteered to help the NHS.
'When we launched the appeal last night, we hoped to get 250,000