Queensland's coronavirus crisis worsens as an infected man in his 20s flies ...

Queensland's coronavirus crisis is continuing to get worse after an infectious man flew in on a domestic flight from Sydney after returning from overseas.

There are now 13 active COVID-19 cases in Queensland, with more than 13,700 tests done in the 24 hours to Sunday morning. 

The man, in his 20s, is currently in quarantine after flying into Maroochydore, on the Sunshine Coast, on July 31 on Jetstar flight JQ790. 

He was infectious on the flight and health authorities are tracing people who sat near him, Chief Health Officer Dr Jeannette Young said on Sunday. 

Queensland's coronavirus crisis is continuing to get worse after an infectious man flew in on a domestic flight from Sydney after returning from overseas (pictured: Passengers queuing at Sydney Domestic Airport on July 31)

Queensland's coronavirus crisis is continuing to get worse after an infectious man flew in on a domestic flight from Sydney after returning from overseas (pictured: Passengers queuing at Sydney Domestic Airport on July 31)

He was infectious on the flight and health authorities are tracing people who sat near him, Chief Health Officer Dr Jeannette Young (pictured) said on Sunday

He was infectious on the flight and health authorities are tracing people who sat near him, Chief Health Officer Dr Jeannette Young (pictured) said on Sunday

Dr Young said the man is a consular staff member who was allowed to take the domestic flight and quarantine at home as part of a select group of exemptions. 

The man flew from Afghanistan's capital of Kabul to Sydney and was given an exemption from the mandatory 14-day quarantine for returned travellers, ABC reported.

'One of those exemptions is consulate staff so they are able to on-travel to their home and to quarantine in their home,' Dr Young said.  

'He got tested immediately then and went into quarantine and has now tested positive in the last 24 hours.' 

The man acquired the infection while he was overseas and was Queensland's only new case of COVID-19 on Sunday. 

'He did everything that he should have done ... but it does mean that this is a risk,' Dr Young said.  

'The next week will really be telling. It's the next week we have to be so absolutely cautious.'

Dr Young said the man is a consular staff member who was allowed to take the domestic flight and quarantine at home as part of a select group of exemptions (People at Sydney airport on Friday)

Dr Young said the man is a consular staff member who was allowed to take the domestic flight and quarantine at home as part of a select group of exemptions (People at Sydney airport on Friday)

People line up in their cars and on foot to get COVID-19 tested at the Parklands Christian College on Wednesday

People line up in their cars and on foot to get COVID-19 tested at the Parklands Christian College on Wednesday

A man delivers cleaning equipment to a COVID-19 screening clinic at the Parklands Christian College in Logan

A man delivers cleaning equipment to a COVID-19 screening clinic at the Parklands Christian College in Logan

Meanwhile, 104 residents at a Brisbane nursing home have returned negative results after being tested.

It was confirmed on Saturday a woman who works at the Bolton Clarke aged care facility at Pinjarra Hills had tested positive.

One resident was unable to be tested but Dr Young said it was no cause for concern.

The resident will be quarantined for a fortnight and monitored, she said.

It comes after two consecutive days of community transmission after three young women sparked panic in the state by travelling from Melbourne. 

Diana Lasu, 21, and Olivia Winnie Muranga, 19, allegedly lied on their border declarations about where they had been when they arrived in Brisbane from Melbourne via Sydney on July 21.

Haja Timbo (pictured) has been identified as the third woman, who allegedly provided misleading documents at the Queensland border after visiting Melbourne

Haja Timbo (pictured) has been identified as the third woman, who allegedly provided misleading documents at the Queensland border after visiting Melbourne

Olivia Winnie Muranga

Diana Lasu

Diana Lasu (right), 21, and Olivia Winnie Muranga (left), 19, allegedly lied on their border declarations about where they had been when they arrived in Brisbane from Melbourne via Sydney on July 21

Days later they felt sick but carried on working, socialising and visiting restaurants and cocktail bars while waiting for their test results - which came back positive.

The pair travelled along with 21-year-old Haja Timbo.

The trio have been charged with one count each of providing false or misleading documents and fraud over their alleged

read more from dailymail.....

PREV Queen scolded Prince Harry for using bad language towards her closest aide
NEXT James Murdoch steps down from the board of News Corp over 'disagreements over ...