Two Richmond stars will be kicked out of Queensland and suspended for ten games after they broke COVID-19 rules to visit a strip club on the Gold Coast.
Sydney Stack, 20, and Callum Coleman-Jones, 21 were allegedly involved in an altercation after being evicted from Hollywood Showgirls on the glitter strip's Orchid Ave at 3.27am on Friday morning.
Footage from a kebab shop where they bought two kebabs each allegedly shows the pair fighting in the street.
The incident has sparked outrage after Queensland's premier proudly welcomed AFL players and staff into the state so the season could go ahead away from coronavirus-stricken Melbourne.
Her decision has been called a double-standard because everyday Australians are still banned from entering Queensland.
This is despite ordinary Australians being denied exemptions for medical emergencies and banned from visiting sick family members.
The AFL said the pair breached the code's return to play protocols by taking an Uber, visiting a non-approved Gold Coast venue and becoming involved in the incident which required police.
Richmond stars Sydney Stack (pictured), 20, and Callum Coleman-Jones, 21, were reportedly thrown out of a Gold Coast strip club before brawling on the street on Thursday night
The pair were involved in an altercation after being evicted from Hollywood Showgirls (pictured) on the glitter strip's Orchid Ave at 3.30 Friday morning
Queensland Police said in a statement that two men were issued with an infringement notice for public nuisance, fined $800 each and both sustained facial injuries during a brawl.
'Police arrested two men following a disturbance in Surfers Paradise early this morning,' the statement read.
'Around 3.30am, officers responded to reports of two men, aged 20 and 21, involved in a physical altercation on Orchid Avenue.
'Both men sustained facial injuries as a result of the incident.
'The men were both issued with a Police Banning Notice, excluding them from Gold Coast Safe Night Precincts and a Penalty Infringement Notice (PIN) for Public Nuisance (Violent Behaviour). Further investigations are continuing into the matter.'
CCTV footage taken outside the club appears to show an unknown man instigating a fight. Coleman-Jones was then punched twice before he and Stack allegedly retaliate.
The brawl reportedly started after Stack, who has played nine games for Richmond this season, visited a kebab shop a short distance to the strip club.
Mick Akca, the owner of Kebab Zone next door to the club, told Daily Mail Australia the two men weren't looking for a fight.
Mick Akca, the owner of Kebab Zone next door to the club, told Daily Mail Australia the two men weren't looking for a fight
Mr Akca went so far as to say they were his best customers all night, commending them for being polite and respectful when dealing with him
They were sitting out the front of his store and looked 'exhausted' when they were approached by a third man, who Met Akca claims appeared excessively intoxicated.
'The drunk guy came to disturb them. They were just sitting down eating their kebabs. They asked him to go and one lifted his hand up to tell him to leave,' Mr Akca explained.
The drunk man fell backwards and onto the floor, and when he stood up, Mr Akca claims he lunged at the men.
'It wasn't a bad fight. There are always fights around here, the security guard broke it up straight away.
'The two football players did nothing wrong. I can't blame them for anything.'
Mr Akca went so far as to say they were his best customers all night, commending them for being polite and respectful when dealing with him.
'They really didn't seem that drunk at all. Some customers like to give us a hassle, but they didn't.'
Mr Akca said after the fight has been broken up, they apologised for the nuisance and ordered two more kebabs because theirs had been dropped during the melee.
The AFL is aware of the matter and is currently investigating. Pictured: Richmond Tigers star Sydney Stack
Queensland Police said in a statement that two men were issued with an infringement notice for public nuisance (violent behaviour). Pictured: Callum Coleman-Jones
Hollywood Showgirls boss Craig Duffy issued a tongue-in-cheek statement on Friday afternoon refusing to reveal any details of the evening.
'We value our customers privacy whether they be an unknown client or a high profile celebrity or athlete.
'We cannot confirm or deny any fight or eviction occurred.'
About 400 AFL players, their families and officials have descended on Queensland under controversial quarantine arrangements.
They were given the all-clear to dodge the state's border lockdown.
Ms Palaszczuk has been accused of ignoring the needs of ordinary Australians, instead inviting in rich and glamorous players and AFL executives.
It comes amid reports WAGs and officials are living it up in 'hotel quarantine' - sipping cocktails while lounging by the pool at their luxury Gold Coast resort.
'We are doing this quarantine the same as everyone else,' AFL boss Gill McLachlan said this week.
But images and video that emerged on Thursday tell a different story - with the officials and families chilling out at the 4.5 star Mercure Gold Coast resort.
AFL WAGs and officials lounge by the Mercure's pool during their hotel quarantine on the Gold Coast (pictured)
Birds eye video footage of the quarantine hotel showed AFL officials and WAGs make the most of the luxury Mercure resort
Aerial footage - published by Nine News on Thursday - showed WAGs relaxing by the swimming pool at the quarantine resort as children splashed in the water.
The wives and girlfriends soaked up the sun with drinks in hand, just a few steps away from the poolside bar.
The vision is a world away from the experience of other travellers who have desperately fought to enter Queensland.
Jayne Brown, 60, spent two weeks confined to a tiny hotel room in Brisbane following her recent return from Sydney, where renowned neurosurgeon Dr Charlie Teo removed two large tumours on her brain.
The grandmother-of-seven requested an exemption from hotel quarantine to self-isolate at home on the Sunshine Coast, but was rejected twice.
Not even a letter from Dr Teo himself could convince Queensland officials to