Oklahoma girl, 15, died from overdose in TikTok 'Benadryl challenge'

The 15-year-old Oklahoma girl who died last month after overdosing on Benadryl while taking part in a social media ‘challenge’ in which teens take large doses of the anti-allergy drug to hallucinate has been identified.

Chloe Marie Phillips of Blanchard died in the early morning hours of August 21.

Janette Sissy Leasure, Chloe’s great aunt, posted a now-deleted message on Facebook urging families to be on alert for kids taking part in the ‘Benadryl challenge.’

‘This needs to stop taking our kids or putting them in the hospital,’ she wrote on Facebook. Her post was reported by The Sun.

'Don't let it take anymore kids...I don't want to see any families go through what we are going through right now,’ she wrote.

Chloe Marie Phillips, 15, of Blanchard, Oklahoma, died in the early morning hours of August 21 after she overdosed on Benadryl

Chloe Marie Phillips, 15, of Blanchard, Oklahoma, died in the early morning hours of August 21 after she overdosed on Benadryl

Young Chloe is seen above with her father, Dustin Cook, of Blanchard, Oklahoma

Young Chloe is seen above with her father, Dustin Cook, of Blanchard, Oklahoma

Janette Sissy Leasure, Chloe’s great aunt, posted a now-deleted message on Facebook urging families to be on alert for kids taking part in the ‘Benadryl challenge.’

Janette Sissy Leasure, Chloe’s great aunt, posted a now-deleted message on Facebook urging families to be on alert for kids taking part in the ‘Benadryl challenge.’

‘Don't ever say this can't happen to you. Kids are like, “the other person was okay, so I'll be okay”. Try to always know what your kids are doing or taking.’

The funeral for Chloe was held at First United Methodist Church in Blanchard, Oklahoma, on August 27.

‘Chloe was a sophomore at Blanchard High School, where she was actively involved in yearbook and track,’ according to an obituary.

‘Chloe loved music, dancing, video games, and being a social butterfly with her friends.

‘Chloe was an extremely intelligent young woman and dreamed of one day going to college and becoming a lawyer.

‘On that journey, she looked forward to her first kiss, getting her driver's license, and one day going to Paris.

‘Chloe's faith kept her steadfast; she always stood up for what she believed in, and she showed kindness and compassion in everything she did.’

The 'Benadryl challenge' is a new game in which teens on TikTok are encouraged to take as much allergy medicine as needed in order to hallucinate or trip out.

But health experts are warning that taking too much Benadryl can be fatal. 

'The dose that can cause a hallucination is very close to the dose that can cause something potentially life-threatening,' said Scott Schaeffer, director of the Oklahoma Center for Poison and Drug Information.

Overdosing on Benadryl leaves one vulnerable to heart attack, stroke, seizures, brain damage, and even death. 

Chloe was taking part in the so-called 'Benadryl challenge,' a new game in which teens on TikTok are encouraged to take as many allergy pills as needed in order to hallucinate or trip out

Chloe was taking part in the so-called 'Benadryl challenge,' a new game in which teens on TikTok are encouraged to take as many allergy pills as needed in order to hallucinate or trip out

In May, three teens from Fort Worth, Texas, were hospitalized after they swallowed excessive doses of Benadryl as part of the ‘challenge.’

One of the teens, a 14-year-old named ‘Rebekah,’ took 14 Benadryl tablets in the middle of the night on Memorial Day.

'It was scary. She had fractured sentences, hallucinations. Her resting heart rate was 199,' Katie, Rebekah's mother told Checkup. 

'We rushed her to the local ER and they decided to transport her to Cook Children’s.'

Rebekah was admitted to Cook Children’s Medical Center in Fort Worth and stayed overnight. Her heart rate returned to normal the next morning and she was released.

‘What struck me was that we had three teens come in for the same thing in one week,’ said Amber Jewison, a nurse practitioner at Cook.

sonos sonos One (Gen 2) - Voice Controlled Smart Speaker with Amazon Alexa

read more from dailymail.....

PREV JCB-sponsored academy in Staffordshire is first school to close due to a ...
NEXT Four Navy aircrew parachute to safety moments before E-2C Hawkeye plane crashes ...