Customer reviews reveal AmazonBasic's electronics and appliances have 'exploded ...

Amazon customers are reporting that the e-retailer's own line of budget electronics have been malfunctioning, posing a serious threat to both life and property. 

The AmazonBasics brand, established in 2009, currently offers 5,000 different items across a broad range of categories, including homewares, bedding and pet supplies. 

And while most consumers rave about the cut-price products, there have been hundreds of complaints about the safety of the electronic items on offer from AmazonBasics. 

A bombshell CNN report, published Thursday, claims that at least 1,500 reviews, covering more than 70 different AmazonBasic items, 'have described products exploding, catching on fire, smoking, melting, causing electrical malfunctions or otherwise posing risks' in the past four years alone. 

The news network further alleges that 'within those more than 1,500 reviews, many consumers explicitly called out items as potentially dangerous -- using terms such as "hazard" or "fire" or saying the product should be recalled.'

CNN states that 'around 30 items with three or more reviews like this remain for sale on Amazon.com today.'

In a statement, an Amazon spokesperson told DailyMail.com: 'Safety is a top priority at Amazon and we know customers expect Amazon's products to be safe and high quality. 

'We take a number of proactive steps to ensure this - e work with third party labs to establish safety and compliance standards for our products; select experienced manufacturers that meet our quality, safety, and social responsibility bar; test products to ensure they pass safety and compliance standards, [and] monitor customer feedback for any indicators of a safety or quality concern'.

Amazon customers are reporting that the e-retailer's own line of budget electronics have been malfunctioning - posing a serious threat to both life and property. A malfunctioning AmazonBasics microwave is pictured in the review section of the website

Amazon customers are reporting that the e-retailer's own line of budget electronics have been malfunctioning - posing a serious threat to both life and property. A malfunctioning AmazonBasics microwave is pictured in the review section of the website 

Since 2016, more than 150 customers have expressed safety specific concerns about AmazonBasics microwaves. 

Last October, one customer claimed their house 'almost burned down' after they used the appliance. 

'Had this about for months, almost burnt my house down... my eight-year-old stuck a Mac and Cheese cup in there like she has done a zillion times... and it caught fire!!! Luckily I was home! Took it outside and sprayed it with a hose.'

The outraged customer then blasted: 'Cheap, cheap, cheap! It started to steam in front of the glass... about a week ago... I should have known!' 

 Amazon's spokesperson told DailyMail.com: 'We take the safety of our products seriously, and are confident that the AmazonBasics Microwave is safe to use. 

'We take several steps to ensure our products are safe including rigorous testing by our safety teams and third party labs. The appliance continues to meet or exceed all

read more from dailymail.....

PREV COVID-19 restrictions give New York Fashion Week new look
NEXT Four Navy aircrew parachute to safety moments before E-2C Hawkeye plane crashes ...