By Tita Smith For Daily Mail Australia and Australian Associated Press
Published: 11:39 BST, 14 September 2020 | Updated: 11:55 BST, 14 September 2020
Thousands of residents from two new Melbourne hotspots have been urged to get tested for coronavirus.
Nine of Victoria's 35 new cases identified on Monday were in Hallam and Narre Warren, in the city's outer south-east.
Authorities are concerned the COVID-19 cluster will grow as testing rates have dropped across the state over the past few weekends.
Chief health officer Brett Sutton called on residents from the two suburbs to attended testing clinics if they experience any symptoms.
Residents in Hallam and Narre Warren have been urged to get tested for coronavirus after a spike of cases in the city's outer southeast
VIC Premier Dan Andrew said weekend testing rates had recently dropped, sparking fears cases could go undetected. A healthcare worker conducts a test in Bendigo last month
Victorian Premier Daniel Andrew warned decreased testing rates could jeopardise the state's roadmap to recovery.
'We don’t want a situation where test numbers are not an accurate measure – not enough tests being done for us to have confidence that we have a clear picture of how much virus is out there,' he said.
'We don’t want any steps in this