'Miracle girl' Milli Lucas back in Sydney for another Dr Charlie Teo surgery

'Miracle girl' Milli Lucas, 12, has 100 PER CENT of her cancer removed from her brain thanks to pioneering surgery by Charlie Teo - after other doctors refused to operate and handed her a 'death sentence' Milli Lucas underwent operation by Dr Charlie Teo in Sydney on Monday  The 'miracle girl' was told in April her cancer had returned for a third time  On Friday, update said Milli's disease had 'removed' following Monday's surgery

By Zoe Zaczek and Cindy Tran for Daily Mail Australia

Published: 10:48 BST, 26 September 2020 | Updated: 11:50 BST, 26 September 2020

1

View
comments

Charlie Teo's 'miracle girl' has had her disease 'removed' following another -successful operation from the acclaimed neurosurgeon - after her cancer returned for the third time. 

Milli Lucas was hit with the devastating news in April that her cancer had come back after Dr Teo wiped out 98 per cent of the growth on her brain stem following a life-saving procedure in Sydney in June 2019. 

Milli and her father Grant Lucas travelled from Perth to Sydney so Dr Teo could perform an eight-hour operation on April 8 - after after doctors in Western Australia again refused to carry out the procedure amid fears of paralysis or even death.

The family posted another update to Milli's blog 'Team Millstar' on Friday, revealing she was back in Sydney with the renowned neurosurgeon.

Milli Lucas (pictured) underwent another surgery with Dr Charlie Teo in Sydney

Milli Lucas (pictured) underwent another surgery with Dr Charlie Teo in Sydney

'Milli is currently in Sydney with her man Charlie again,' the update read.

'She had surgery on Monday and the disease was removed.'

Milli went back into surgery on Tuesday to 'release pressure'.

The 13-year-old remains in ICU and has another operation on Monday.

Milli (left) was hit with the devastating news in April that her cancer had come back after Dr Teo (right) wiped out 98 per cent of the growth on her brain stem following a life-saving procedure in Sydney in June 2019

Milli (left) was hit with the devastating news in April that her cancer had come back after Dr Teo (right) wiped out 98 per cent of the growth on her brain stem following a life-saving procedure in Sydney in June 2019

'We ask that you keep her in your thoughts and further updates will be provided when possible,' the blog post said.

'In true Milli words: ''See you soon mate''.' 

Milli's story made headlines last year after

read more from dailymail.....

PREV Driver in his 20s arrested for attempted murder after car crash in south London ...
NEXT Troubled girl, 16, takes her own life on school grounds