The release of the new James Bond movie 'No Time to Die' has been delayed until April 2021, the filmmakers have revealed.
The movie, from MGM and Comcast Corp's Universal Pictures, had been scheduled to debut in theatres on November 11 but will now be delayed in order to cater for a worldwide theatrical audience.
A statement on Twitter read: 'MGM, Universal and Bond producers, Michael G. Wilson and Barbara Broccoli, today announced the release of NO TIME TO DIE, the 25th film in the James Bond series, will be delayed until 2 April 2021 in order to be seen by a worldwide theatrical audience.
'We understand the delay will be disappointing to our fans but we now look forward to sharing NO TIME TO DIE next year.'
The release of the new James Bond movie 'No Time to Die' has been delayed until April 2021, the filmmakers said on Friday
The release of the new James Bond movie 'No Time to Die' had been scheduled for November 11
The new Bond film, which is produced by Barbara Broccoli, will also star Rami Malek as villain Safin
The 25th film in the franchise finds Bond after he has left active service and is enjoying a tranquil life in Jamaica when his old friend Felix Leiter, played by Jeffrey Wright, from the CIA turns up asking for help.
Leaving his seemingly happy live with Madeleine, played by actress Lea Seydoux, Bond returns to the field to face Safin who is armed with a new dangerous technology that could impact the world.
The film, directed by Cary Joji Fukunaga, was originally scheduled for release in April 2020, but was pushed back to November in light of the coronavirus pandemic.
No Time To Die, which also stars Rami Malek as villain Safin and Ana de Armas as CIA agent Paloma, will deliver a satisfying ending for Daniel Craig's Bond, according to producer Barbara Broccoli.
Speaking on the first episode of the official James Bond podcast, she said: 'It's a culmination of everything that his portrayal of the character has been through and it ties up all the storylines. It's a pretty epic film, I have to say.'
The British actor, 52, whose first appearance as Bond was in Casino Royale in 2006, has also previously spoken about leaving the franchise after the next instalment.
However, in March this year a movie source said: 'I don't think Daniel is finished with James Bond, despite his previous claims. He was in this same position after Spectre came out, where he said publicly and loudly that he was done and then, as time passed, he just wasn't.
'There is something about this part that scratches an itch and he's not prepared to see it go to another actor yet.'
On Twitter MGM and Comcast Corp's Universal Pictures confirmed