Mike Pence AGREES to plexiglass barrier on his side of the stage for VP debate ...

Vice President Mike Pence has agreed to have a plexiglass barricade on his side of the stage for Wednesday's debate against California Sen Kamala Harris. 

Pence and Harris will appear on stage exactly 12.25 feet apart separated by the plexiglass barriers. 

Initially, Pence's team objected to Harris' request for plexiglass barriers, arguing it was medically unnecessary.

But the Commission on Presidential Debates had already agreed to the barriers, and Pence's aides said their presence wouldn't dissuade him from attending the event.  

Scroll down for video 

Vice President Mike Pence has agreed to have a plexiglass barricade on his side of the stage for Wednesday's debate against California Sen Kamala Harris

Vice President Mike Pence has agreed to have a plexiglass barricade on his side of the stage for Wednesday's debate against California Sen Kamala Harris 

In response to Pence's initial decision to do without the barriers, Harris' team said, 'If the Trump administration's war on masks has now become a war on safety shields, that tells you everything you need to know about why their COVID response is a failure'

In response to Pence's initial decision to do without the barriers, Harris' team said, 'If the administration's war on masks has now become a war on safety shields, that tells you everything you need to know about why their COVID response is a failure' 

Pence and Harris will appear on stage exactly 12.25 feet apart separated by the plexiglass barriers (pictured being set up on Tuesday)

Pence and Harris will appear on stage exactly 12.25 feet apart separated by the plexiglass barriers (pictured being set up on Tuesday)

Initially, Pence's team objected to Harris' request for plexiglass barriers, arguing it was medically unnecessary. But the Commission on Presidential Debates had already agreed to the barriers, and Pence's aides said their presence wouldn't dissuade him from attending the event

Initially, Pence's team objected to Harris' request for plexiglass barriers, arguing it was medically unnecessary. But the Commission on Presidential Debates had already agreed to the barriers, and Pence's aides said their presence wouldn't dissuade him from attending the event

A member of the production crew cleans glass on stage which will serve as a barrier to protect the spread of COVID-19 as preparations take place for the vice presidential debate at the University of Utah on Tuesday

A member of the production crew cleans glass on stage which will serve as a barrier to protect the spread of COVID-19 as preparations take place for the vice presidential debate at the University of Utah on Tuesday

Pence, who was with and others last week who have since tested positive, has faced questions about whether he should be at the debate at all. 

The vice president has repeatedly tested negative for the virus, and his staff and doctors insist he does not need to quarantine under Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) guidelines.

The CDC defines risky 'close contact' as being within 6 feet of an infected person for at least 15 minutes starting from two days before the onset of symptoms or a positive test.

Throughout the day on Tuesday, both Pence's doctor and the CDC director, Dr Robert Redfield, sent out letters explaining that the vice president hadn't had enough contact with  to quarantine. 

Pence's Chief of Staff Marc Short told The Washington Post that plexiglass barriers weren't necessary, as the candidates will already be 12 feet away from one another. 

'If she wants it, she's more than welcome to surround herself with plexiglass if that makes her feel more comfortable,' Short told The Washington Post earlier on Tuesday. 'It's not needed.'  

The plexiglass matter had seemed settled, until Short's comment was made public.  

A spokeswoman for the Debate Commission did not respond to DailyMail.com's request for comment.

The White House put out two health updates on Pence Tuesday, one from his doctor and one from CDC Director Robert Redfield, explaining that none of the people the vice president interacted were 'close contacts' despite him being in the Rose Garden on September 26

The White House put out two health updates on Pence Tuesday, one from his doctor and one from CDC Director Robert Redfield, explaining that none of the people the vice president interacted were 'close contacts' despite him being in the Rose Garden on September 26 

Pence was also seated front row at a Gold Star families event Sunday, September 27 where at least one person has tested positive for COVID-19. The vice president, however, wasn't seated close enough to the individual for him to fall under CDC's quarantine guidelines

Pence was also seated front row at a Gold Star families event Sunday, September 27 where at least one person has tested positive for COVID-19. The vice president, however, wasn't seated close enough to the individual for him to fall under CDC's quarantine guidelines 

Harris spokesperson Sabrina Singh told DailyMail.com that the Democratic vice presidential nominee 'will be at the debate, respecting the protections that the Cleveland Clinic has put in place to promote safety for all concerned'. 

Pence traveled to Salt Lake City Monday in advance of his doctor releasing a statement explaining why the vice president was cleared to go after appearing at events where officials have since tested positive - including the September 26 Rose Garden ceremony where announced his selection of Judge Amy Coney Barrett for the Supreme Court. 

He also appeared at an event Sunday for Gold Star families where at least one individual tested positive.  

read more from dailymail.....

PREV Criminal gangs have lost fear of police after changes in 'hard-edged tactics', ...
NEXT Troubled girl, 16, takes her own life on school grounds