Daniel Andrews EXTENDS Victoria's State of Emergency and Disaster by another ...

Daniel Andrews has extended Victoria's State of Emergency and State of Disaster by four weeks and agreed to hand over missing phone records that were withheld from the hotel quarantine inquiry.  

The Premier has announced the emergency measures - which give authorities greater powers during the pandemic - will be renewed from tonight until November 8 as the state recorded 12 new coronavirus cases and one death overnight.    

Speaking at a press conference on Sunday morning, Mr Andrews faced renewed questions over why his phone records were not tendered to the inquiry in a bid to clear up who made the decision to use private security guards. 

It comes after Sky News host Peta Credlin, who was once former Liberal prime minister Tony Abbott’s chief-of-staff, grilled Mr Andrews about the subject on Friday.  

Premier Daniel Andrews has agreed to hand over letters to the hotel quarantine inquiry after being blasted early this week about exchanges being withheld

Premier Daniel Andrews has agreed to hand over letters to the hotel quarantine inquiry after being blasted early this week about exchanges being withheld

He had insisted that phone records had not been requested by the inquiry, which was headed by Justice Jennifer Coate.   

But on Sunday morning, Mr Andrews said the board of inquiry into Victoria's hotel quarantine had sought from him and his senior staff relevant text message and phone records and they would be handed over as soon as possible. 

'I'm not... I've not actually seen the letter. It's come to me via my staff. I think it was received either last night or early part of the evening last night. I've not seen the letter,' Mr Andrews said.

'But what I can confirm for you is each and every record they've sought, they'll get.'

The inquiry had heard previously that former Police Chief Graham Ashton had received a call from someone within the premier's department telling him that the decision to use private security had been made.

But he couldn't remember who had told him.

In a heated exchange, Credlin pressed the premier to hand over the phone records to 'clear up' six crucial minutes where the decision to use private security guards appeared to have been made. 

Victoria has recorded 12 new coronavirus cases and one death overnight with Stage Four restrictions in Melbourne to remain in place next weekend (pictured, a COVID-19 pop-up clinic set up at Kilmore Soldiers Memorial Hall)

Victoria has recorded 12 new coronavirus cases and one death overnight with Stage Four restrictions in Melbourne to remain in place next weekend (pictured, a COVID-19 pop-up clinic set up at Kilmore Soldiers Memorial Hall)

It comes after health authorities on Sunday released the latest statistics which takes Victoria's death count from the virus to 810 and the national toll to 898.

In the fortnight up to Saturday metropolitan Melbourne recorded a rolling average of 9.3 new cases per day, with the figure at 0.4 for regional areas.

Public health authorities decided weeks ago that the two-week rolling daily case average needed to drop to five, with less than five mystery cases, for lockdowns in the city to ease in line with regional Victoria.

Stage Four restrictions were flagged to be fully lifted by October 19 though those plans have now been scrapped.

Mr Andrews promised there would still be some rollbacks next Sunday. 

The 5 kilometre travel limit and dining at outdoor restaurants are some of the restrictions that will be put under review and potentially lifted. 

Public health authorities decided weeks ago that the two-week rolling daily case average needed to drop to five, with less than five mystery cases, for lockdowns in the city to ease in line with regional Victoria (pictured, Melbourne residents enjoy the sun at St Kilda beach)

Public health authorities decided weeks ago that the two-week rolling daily case average needed to drop to five, with less than five mystery cases, for lockdowns in the city to ease in line with regional Victoria (pictured, Melbourne residents enjoy the sun at St Kilda beach)

Mr Andrews called on Melbourne residents to remain hopeful and stay the course on restrictions, saying some rules may ease on that date, even if less significantly than hoped.

'We always want these numbers lower, faster,' he said.

'We will beat this second wave, but we've got to do it properly.'

Mr Andrews said he didn't think the state would be able to 'move as far and as fast as we had planned to next Sunday, but there will be movement, it will be significant.'  

'I know it is frustrating

read more from dailymail.....

PREV US plans to open 'travel corridor' between NYC and London in time for the ...
NEXT Troubled girl, 16, takes her own life on school grounds