The Mayfair mansion where Hollywood legend Fred Astaire entertained guests including Winston Churchill is now on the market for £9.5m.
The five-storey townhouse on Chesterfield Hill served as a pied-à-terre for Astaire and his sister Adele in the roaring twenties when the pair were starring in the 1927 musical Funny Face in London's West End.
The dancing duo were at the height of their transatlantic theatre careers when they leased the Grade II listed property from 1928 to 1933 and used it to entertain their high society friends, including royalty, aristocrats and celebrities.
The luxury Mayfair mansion where Hollywood legend Fred Astaire entertained famous guests including Winston Churchill is now on the market for £9.5 million. The five-storey home is a Grade II listed property and was leased by Astaire in 1928 to 1933
The principal bedroom suite (pictured) of the luxury mansion, once used by Adele Astaire, occupies the entire second of the home's seven floors, while a matching principal guest suite, which was once Fred Astaire's, takes up the entire floor above
The dancing duo were at the height of their transatlantic theatre careers when they leased the Grade II listed property and used it to entertain their high society friends, including royalty, aristocrats and celebrities. Pictured: the shower room
Astaire and his sister hosted guests including Noel Coward, the Princes Edward VIII and George VI. Pictured: Family kitchen
They reputedly tap-danced in the first floor drawing room and down the sweeping staircase to entertain guests like Churchill, Noel Coward, the princes Edward VIII and George VI and playboy prince Aly Khan.
Astaire bought a new Rolls Royce Phantom which he would proudly park outside this house and they often dined at Mayfair's Claridges and Grosvenor House.
Their lease on the property ended when Adele married Lord Charles Cavendish, retired from the stage and moved to Ireland.
Her brother returned to the United States and began his new show The Gay Divorcee in 1934, starring his new dance partner Ginger Rogers.
The house was built in the late 1790s and when the Astaires lived there the road was called John Street.
But the street was badly damaged during the Blitz and the surviving houses, including this one, were renumbered and the street renamed Chesterfield Hill in 1940.
The property has custom lighting and bespoke joinery throughout and is spread over seven floors. Pictured: The