By Katie Weston For Mailonline
Published: 13:09 GMT, 5 November 2020 | Updated: 13:09 GMT, 5 November 2020
A three-year-old boy was left fighting for his life in intensive care after swallowing 19 toy magnets that burned holes in his intestines and poisoned him.
Reggie Hodgson, from Lincoln, East Midlands, was taken to hospital on Tuesday after turning grey and feeling sick.
His parents thought it was a sickness bug, but hospital staff found that he was severely dehydrated and sent him for an X-ray.
The scan found some small magnetic balls inside Reggie's body, something which prompted him to be blue lighted to Nottingham City Hospital and rushed to theatre for operations.
Reggie Hodgson (pictured right, in hospital), from Lincoln, East Midlands, was taken to hospital on Tuesday after swallowing 19 toy magnets (left)
Doctors and surgeons managed to remove all of the magnets from Reggie's body and his mother Martina Hodgson, above, says he is in a 'stable' condition at an intensive care ward
The objects had come from a toy used by Reggie's older brothers Harrison and Teddie, with Reggie swallowing 19 of them as they ended up in four separate areas of his body.