Medical expert who rushed to shutdown South Australia over COVID-19 outbreak ...

Medical expert who rushed to shutdown South Australia over COVID-19 outbreak says she has 'no regrets' - as state records one new case Health officer Nicola Spurrier advised the premier to lock down South Australia It followed fears that that a super strain of coronavirus had been unleashed A pizza customer falsely told contact tracers he had Covid-19 from a pizza box Strict lockdown came to an end at 11.59pm on Saturday, three days early 

By Charlotte Karp For Daily Mail Australia

Published: 01:13 GMT, 22 November 2020 | Updated: 01:27 GMT, 22 November 2020

View
comments

The medical expert who raced to lock South Australia down over the state's COVID-19 outbreak has said she has no regrets.

Chief public health officer Professor Nicola Spurrier advised premier Steven Marshall to throw the state into one of the world's toughest lockdowns last Wednesday, over following fears that a super strain of the virus had been unleashed in Adelaide.

While the lockdown was downgraded on the weekend after contact tracers realised an infected worker had not come into contact with as many people as claimed, Ms Spurrier maintained she made the right call.

'I have no regrets on my advice and decision-making last week. I've no

read more from dailymail.....

PREV U.S. is still missing eight coronavirus infections for every one counted, CDC ...
NEXT Texts North Queensland Cowboys star sent club staffer after having sex with her ...