Armie Hammer has responded for the first time to disturbing messages allegedly sent by the actor, which were leaked last week.
He said he could not leave his children alone for four months while filming Shotgun wedding, with Jennifer Lopez. Earlier on Wednesday it was reported that he was pulling out of the film.
The Social Network star told TMZ: 'I'm not responding to these b******* claims but in light of the vicious and spurious online attacks against me, I cannot in good conscience now leave my children for 4 months to shoot a film in the Dominican Republic.'
He added: 'Lionsgate is supporting me in this and I'm grateful to them for that.'
A Wednesday report from PageSix claimed that the actor was already exiting the project, with production spokesperson saying: 'Given the imminent start date of 'Shotgun wedding,' Armie has requested to step away from the film and we support him in his decision.'Insurance Loans Mortgage Attorney Credit Lawyer
Meanwhile another report claimed that Lopez had also been considering dropping Hammer from the film.
Armie Hanmmer, 34, on Wednesday addressed the reports of his fetishes circulating online
Jennifer Lopez is reportedly set to drop actor Armie Hammer from her upcoming rom-com, Shotgun wedding, after disturbing messages allegedly sent by the actor were leaked
'Jennifer is very concerned about the movie now these stories have come out,' a source has told The Sun.
A source expanded to The Sun: 'There have been a lot of phone calls and meetings about if they can still make the movie with Armie as the romantic lead.
'A lot of people have suggested quietly dropping him from the project and I think Jennifer could agree to it,' the insider added.
'She's a producer on the movie - does she want to act with him and pretend to be in love with someone who's been accused of texting those things?'Insurance Loans Mortgage Attorney Credit Lawyer
JLo, who is reportedly 'horrified' by the alleged messages, currently is cast as Hammer's fiancee in the upcoming rom-com.
DailyMail.com has contacted reps for Lopez, who did not immediately respond to comment.
The news comes after a series of screenshots leaked over the weekend, purporting to show Hammer authoring a series of disturbing messages about rape fantasies, cannibalism, and 'blood-sucking' to a woman over a period of four years.
The controversy involving Hammer was first stirred up on Sunday when a series of screenshots showing graphic messages he'd allegedly penned to a woman were leaked by the anonymous, now-private Instagram account, House of Effie.
The alleged messages, said to be sent between October 2016 and February 2020, include conversations about BDSM, in addition to numerous sexual references to cannibalistic acts and 'blood-sucking'.
'Does she want to act with him and pretend to be in love': JLo currently is cast as Hammer's fiancee in the upcoming rom com
In one exchange, Hammer is seen to write: 'I am 100% a cannibal. I want to eat you.'
'F**k. That's scary to admit,' the message continues. 'I've never admitted that before.'
The authenticity of the screenshots has not yet been verified, however the woman behind the House of Effie account shared new alleged correspondences with Hammer on Tuesday, in which he appeared to refer to her as his 'slave'.
'You just live to obey me and be my slave,' a message purported to have been sent from Hammer's official Instagram account reads.
'I will own you.