A second 14-year-old boy has been arrested on suspicion of murdering a businessman following a bungled carjacking.
Police arrested and charged a child, who cannot be named for legal reasons, last week after restaurant boss Mohammed Islam was allegedly run over with his own Mercedes C220 on January 8 in Romiley, Stockport, Greater Manchester, as he was making a food delivery.
Mr Islam, 53, was taken to hospital but died two days later after suffering fatal injuries.
His K-registered silver car was allegedly driven off following the robbery and was later found dumped at 8pm on January 11, five miles away.
Attempts had been made to set the car on fire and the car has since been subject to forensic examination.Insurance Loans Mortgage Attorney Credit Lawyer
Now police have arrested a second boy, also 14 and who also can't be named, following the 'horrific' incident which Mr Islam's heartbroken family said left them 'devastated beyond belief'.
Chief Inspector Liam Boden of GMP's Major Incidents Team said: 'This was a tragic incident and my thoughts remain with Mohammed's family and friends as they try to come to terms with their devastating loss.
'Whilst we have made a further arrest, this investigation is still ongoing and I would urge anyone with information about what happened to get in touch with police as soon as you can.'
Two teenagers have been arrested after restaurant boss Mohammed Islam (pictured left and right) was allegedly run over with his own Mercedes C220 last Friday evening in Romiley, Stockport, Greater Manchester, as he was making a food delivery
Popular Mr Islam owned the Marple Spice Indian restaurant in Marple, Stockport
At Manchester youth court last week, the first arrested boy, who lives in Stockport with his mother, appeared in the dock in a dark grey Berghaus hoodie, dark grey tracksuit bottoms and was wearing a white mask.
He was flanked by two dock officers and a social worker attended the hearing along with the boy's mother and father who sat together.Insurance Loans Mortgage Attorney Credit Lawyer
His brother, 17, was removed from the hearing as he was too young to attend a youth court.
The accused boy is charged with murder, causing death by dangerous driving and having no insurance or licence.
He was remanded to secure accommodation pending an appearance before a judge at Manchester Crown Court.
The boy's father appeared to mouth 'I love you' as the teenager was sent back to the cells following the brief hearing. No bail application was made.
DCI Boden said last week: 'As our investigation continues I would like to pay tribute to Mohammed's family who have shown