Student, 21, warns of dangers of filling hot water bottle from kettle

Student, 21, warns of dangers of filling hot water bottle from kettle after she suffered 'devastating' burns to her leg when one split open Cara Wilson, 21, said the burns left her in such agony she was given gas and air  Hot water bottle split open on her lap while at her boyfriend's house in Suffolk  She filled the hot water bottle from the kettle but they should be filled from taps 

By Isabella Nikolic For Mailonline

Published: 15:46 BST, 3 May 2021 | Updated: 15:58 BST, 3 May 2021

View
comments

A criminology student who suffered excruciating second degree burns on her leg has warned of the dangers of filling hot water bottles from the kettle after one split open on her lap. 

Cara Wilson, 21, from Martlesham Heath, near Ipswich in Suffolk, said the burns left her in such agony that she was given gas and air in hospital - a drug usually reserved for women in labour. 

Insurance Loans Mortgage Attorney Credit Lawyer

She had been at her boyfriend's house in Suffolk during Nottingham Trent University's Easter holiday when he passed her a hot water bottle filled with boiling water. 

She said she put it underneath the blanket on her

read more from dailymail.....

PREV £100,000 Salvador Dali painting is among 400 possessions of late financier Tim ...
NEXT The reasons why 'refuseniks' are shunning Covid jabs