A man accused of sparking Victoria's five-day lockdown after using a nebuliser in his hotel quarantine room said he's relieved that a report found it wasn't his fault.
A secret report into the lockdown found the virus escaped from a quarantine hotel in February when an unmasked woman was swabbed in a open doorway.
The report delivered in March said the virus leaked out into the corridor of the Holiday Inn at Melbourne Airport because a health worker took 'extended time' to test the woman for coronavirus.
The virus then started 'pooling outside the door' of the room where a 38-year-old man who was using a nebuliser was quarantining with his infant child and partner.
Victoria Health officials previously claimed the virus escaped from his room - sparking a five-day 'circuit-breaker' lockdown to control the spread of the outbreak.Insurance Loans Mortgage Attorney Credit Lawyer
'I am very glad this has come out, though it continues to show there's systemic problems that need to be resolved,' the man told 3AW.
The virus escaped from the Holiday Inn hotel at Melbourne Airport in February when an unmasked woman was swabbed in a open doorway, a report has found. The hotel is pictured on April 8
The father claimed he received permission from the health authorities to use the nebuliser - a device used to vaporise medicine so it can be inhaled - while inside quarantine.
Opposition Health Minister Georgie Crozier branded the criticism of the man as an 'absolute disgrace'.
'How he has been blamed for the outbreak in Holiday Inn, when in actual fact, this cover-up showed there was swabbing and other issues in the hotel quarantine program that were actually the cause of the outbreak,' she said.
The Covid-19 Quarantine Victoria Commander Emma Cassar apologised to the man but said the theory remained the outbreak was sparked from the nebuliser.
She said staff were still swabbing those in quarantine with the door open because if it was closed it put those health workers at greater risk of infection.
'The working hypothesis is still, as I understand, that this was caused by the nebuliser,' she said.
'Our swabbing process