Jealous lover blew up his home in gas explosion because he feared girlfriend ...

Jealous lover blew up his home in gas explosion because he feared girlfriend ...
Jealous lover blew up his home in gas explosion because he feared girlfriend ...

A jealous lover blew up his own home in a massive gas explosion after fearing his girlfriend would leave him for a younger man.

Self employed joiner Clinton Parren, 43, fetched a camping gas cylinder from his shed and placed it on top of his kitchen hob which he switched it on before laying down on a sofa.

His partner Jennifer Hawksley, 32, who was asleep in bed woke to 'ringing in her ears' as the huge 12.30am blast caused by the cylinder bursting on the high heat ripped through their mid terrace property in Wythenshawe, Manchester.

She fled her bedroom to be met by Parren in the hallway saying: 'It's all right I'll sort it don't worry.' 

She then staggered outside where she was heard shouting: 'He's blew the house up, he's blew the f***ing house up, the house isn't standing.'

Insurance Loans Mortgage Attorney Credit Lawyer

Miraculously Miss Hawksley was not injured in the explosion but was taken to hospital as a precaution. 

Three children - aged six, 12 and 13 - who were staying at the property also escaped uninjured. 

Parren who had been drinking heavily and snorting cocaine initially denied wrongdoing but later confessed blaming mental health issues.  

At Manchester Crown Court, Parren admitted a charge causing an explosion likely to endanger life or cause serious injury to property. 

Police and firefighters who examined the property found several of the ceilings in the ground and first floor had lifted from the mounts on the walls,

Police and firefighters who examined the property found several of the ceilings in the ground and first floor had lifted from the mounts on the walls, 

Police and firefighters who examined the property found several of the ceilings in the ground and first floor had lifted from the mounts on the walls, creating cracks whilst further cracks were found between the walls in several rooms and above doorways.

The front and rear ground floor windows and their had been blown out into the respective gardens whilst several internal doors were hanging off their hinges. 

The camping gas cylinder which was the size of a cocoa cola can was found embedded in the kitchen ceiling.

Experts concluded the 'boiling liquid expanding vapor explosion' (BLEVE) which occurred on December 30 last year was caused when there was a 'massive localised increase in pressure around the location of the can leading to a pressure shockwave.' 

Insurance Loans Mortgage Attorney Credit Lawyer

It is thought the cost of the damage was valued at £10,000. No other properties in the row of terraces were affected. 

The front and rear ground floor windows and their had been blown out into the respective gardens whilst several internal doors were hanging off their hinges

The front and rear ground floor windows and their had been blown out into the respective gardens whilst several internal doors were hanging off their hinges 

It is thought the cost of the damage was valued at £10,000 but no other properties in the row of terraces were affected

It is thought the cost of the damage was valued at £10,000 but no other properties in the row of terraces were affected 

The court heard he and Miss Hawksley had been dating for ten years but he was said to be 'insecure' as he 'feared she would leave him as she is younger than him.'

Mr David Pojur prosecuting said: 'On the day leading up to the explosion the family attended Go Outdoors and purchased camping items including a gas stove and four gas canisters for use with it.

'The defendant made clear to his partner that he was going to use the stove to cook

read more from dailymail.....

PREV Biden will announce that all federal workers MUST get the vaccine or be tested ...
NEXT Woman convicted of swapping pebbles for gems in audacious London heist mogaznewsen