Child rushed to hospital after he came in contact with spiky cocoon while ...

Child rushed to hospital after he came in contact with spiky cocoon while ...
Child rushed to hospital after he came in contact with spiky cocoon while ...
The story every parent must read: How a dangerous cocoon left a little boy in hospital after an innocent play on his trampoline almost turned deadly Paramedic issues chilling warning about common danger lurking in yards Toddler in hospital after he came into contact with a spiky cocoon while playing Bristles from white stemmed gum moth inside became embedded in his hand

View
comments

A chilling warning has been issued to parents after a toddler was rushed to hospital after he was exposed to a deadly danger while playing at home.

Youngster Darcy was bouncing on his trampoline when he came in contact with a spiky cocoon with a white stemmed gum moth inside. 

Insurance Loans Mortgage Attorney Credit Lawyer

Thousands of painful spikes became embedded in his tiny hand, which needed surgery.

Paramedic Nikki shared the harrowing story on the Tiny Hearts Education Facebook page to warn other parents of the danger lurking around the yard in letterboxes and on tree trunks, firewood and play equipment.

'It's a timely reminder to check the area that your little ones play. I didn't even know about these but when Darcy's mama contacted me I knew I had to share!' she posted.

A toddler was rushed to hospital for surgery after spikes became stuck in his hand (pictured)

A toddler was rushed to hospital for surgery after spikes became stuck in his hand (pictured)

'The short spines on the outside of the cocoon are sharp and brittle, meaning they will break off and lodge in your skin; they also carry a toxin that causes pain and, in rare cases, anaphylactic shock.'

The white-stemmed gum moth are found in southern Queensland, New South Wales and Victoria.

Female

read more from dailymail.....

PREV Bill Gates flounders as he is grilled on past dinners with pedophile Jeffrey ...
NEXT MCC says batsmen will now be called 'batters' in woke new 'gender-neutral' laws