Parents of 15-year-old girl who died from allergic reaction welcome a new law ...

Parents of 15-year-old girl who died from allergic reaction welcome a new law ...
Parents of 15-year-old girl who died from allergic reaction welcome a new law ...
Parents of 15-year-old girl who died from allergic reaction after eating a baguette welcome a new law in her name Natasha Ednan-Laperouse, 15, died in July 2016 after having an allergic reaction  Natasha's Law requires all food retailers to display ingredient and allergen labels Her mother said Natasha would be very proud a law in her name will help others

View
comments

The parents of Natasha Ednan-Laperouse, who died from an allergic reaction after eating a baguette, have welcomed a new law in her name saying their daughter would be ‘very proud’.

Natasha’s Law, which comes into force today, requires all food retailers to display full ingredient and allergen labelling on every food item made on the premises and pre-packed for direct sale.

Fifteen-year-old Natasha died in July 2016 after she ate a baguette she was unaware contained hidden sesame seeds which she was severely allergic to.

Natasha Ednan-Laperouse died from an allergic reaction after eating a baguette. Natasha’s Law, which comes into force today, requires all food retailers to display full ingredient and allergen labelling on every food item made on the premises and pre-packed for direct sale

Natasha Ednan-Laperouse died from an allergic reaction after eating a baguette. Natasha’s Law, which comes into force today, requires all food retailers to display full ingredient and allergen labelling on every food item made on the premises and pre-packed for direct sale

Her parents Tanya and Nadim, who set up the Natasha Allergy Research Foundation, campaigned for the change after the food labelling scandal was exposed at their daughter’s inquest in 2018.

Mr Ednan-Laperouse said: ‘Natasha’s Law is about saving lives and marks a major milestone in our campaign to support people with food allergies.’

His wife added: ‘Nothing can bring Natasha back but we know she would be very proud a new law in her name will help others.’

Natasha went into anaphylactic shock within minutes of take off on a British Airways flight to France after buying a sandwich at a Pret-A-Manger branch in Heathrow airport. 

The 15-year-old  knew she was allergic to milk, eggs, banana, nuts and

read more from dailymail.....

PREV Annastacia Palaszczuk warns Queenslanders to get vaccinated within next 11 days
NEXT Gallery: The best photos from around the world mogaznewsen