Miami private school that charges $30k-a-year reverses rule students need to ...

Miami private school that charges $30k-a-year reverses rule students need to ...
Miami private school that charges $30k-a-year reverses rule students need to ...

A Miami school which had planned to introduce a quarantine policy forcing students to take a month off after receiving a dose of COVID-19 vaccine, has now abandoned the idea. 

School officials at the $30,000-a-year private school, Centner Academy, feared pupils who received the vaccine would infect unvaccinated students.

The school's Chief Operating Officer, Bianca Erickson informed parents of the bizarre policy by letter: 'Because of the potential impact on other students and our school community, vaccinated students will need to stay at home for 30 days post-vaccination for each dose and booster they receive.' 

But the school, threatened with a cut in state funding of between $6,500 and $7,400 per student, should they push ahead with the policy, has now scrapped the plan.

Centner Academy in Miami, pictured, has told COVID-19 vaccinated teachers to stay away from students because they 'may transmit something' to them

Centner Academy in Miami, pictured, has told COVID-19 vaccinated teachers to stay away from students because they 'may transmit something' to them

Leila and David Centner, pictured, co-founded the school. The pair wrote to earlier in the year  staff that vaccinated employees would no longer be allowed to work directly with students

Leila and David Centner, pictured, co-founded the school. The pair wrote to earlier in the year  staff that vaccinated employees would no longer be allowed to work directly with students

Florida's Department of Education wrote to the school to make their position clear.

'Recently it has come to our attention that your schools may employ attendance policies which require parents of recently vaccinated students to quarantine their children for unreasonable, unnecessary and unduly burdensome amount of time before returning for in-person instruction,' the Florida Department of Education's letter to Centner Academy said.

'Should our investigation reveal that your schools' policies fail to comport with these lawful rights and obligations, understand that the action that follows — up to and including revocation of your schools' scholarship eligibility and funding — will be both swift and decisive.'

CEO Erickson hastily penned a response back to the Florida Department of Education on Friday stating explaining the schools' sudden backtrack.    

'When we announced the subject policy regarding COVID-19, we believed that we were acting in compliance with the Department of Education's Emergency Rule ... which allows a student to be considered in attendance at school when under a 'stay-home' directive related to COVID-19,' the letter began.

'Our plan at the time included a 'stay-home' policy that would be supported by remote learning. 

'Please note, however, that the plan was not implemented and we will not pursue any such measures. We conclude our response by confirming that Centner Academy is not requesting any student to

read more from dailymail.....

NEXT Outrage as climate warriors Bill Gates and Jeff Bezos celebrate on ...