Police move to seize the $4 million home of Mostafa Baluch over '900kg cocaine ...

Police move to seize the $4 million home of Mostafa Baluch over '900kg cocaine ...
Police move to seize the $4 million home of Mostafa Baluch over '900kg cocaine ...

A $4 million home in Sydney's northern beaches has been seized by police after the owner of the property allegedly cut off his tracking device and fled.

Former restaurateur Mostafa Baluch, 33, is charged with financing a 900kg shipment of cocaine to Australia and was granted bail just days ago.

Police allege he is involved in the 'highest levels of organised crime' and cut off his ankle bracelet at about 10.30pm on Monday.

Officers rushed to the Bayview home soon after but when they arrived on the scene he was nowhere to be found, triggering a 'massive manhunt'.

Former restaurateur Mostafa Baluch, 33 (pictured), had been charged with financing a 900kg shipment of cocaine to Australia and was granted bail just days ago

Former restaurateur Mostafa Baluch, 33 (pictured), had been charged with financing a 900kg shipment of cocaine to Australia and was granted bail just days ago 

Organised crime squad commander Detective Superintendent Rob Critchlow said the alleged drug kingpin is 'very well connected' and may be receiving help from other alleged criminals.

'To cut a bracelet off your ankle which has been imposed by the court shows a very serious intent to flee,' he told reporters on Tuesday.

'We also know for a fact he has substantial financial assets, which we would expect he's utilising to flee at the least our jurisdiction, maybe the country.

'Anyone in his circle of friends and family should also keep us updated because you can be sure we will be visiting anyone we know is connected to.'

As part of Baluch's strict bail conditions, he was required to stay at his luxurious Bayview home and only leave to report to police at Mona Vale Station once a day.

He was also made to wear an ankle bracelet monitoring device at all times, banned from alcohol and drugs, and restricted from using encrypted apps.

Baluch's bail conditions also warned he was to go near any international departure point. 

A $4million home in Sydney's exclusive Northern Beaches (pictured in June) has been seized by police after the owner of the property allegedly cut off his tracking device and fled

A $4million home in Sydney's exclusive Northern Beaches (pictured in June) has been seized by police after the owner of the property allegedly cut off his tracking device and fled

Officers are pictured at the Bayview home when Baluch was arrested back in June

Officers are pictured at the Bayview home when Baluch was arrested back in June

Baluch, who once owned Cervo restaurant in Northbridge, was swept up by police in June as part of the high profile AN0M raids.

Law enforcement designed an encrypted app and marketed it to alleged underworld figures so investigators could monitor their communications.

He was charged with possessing anabolic steroids, drug supply, and dealing with the proceeds of crime and later hit with charge of conspiracy to import a commercial quantity of drugs.

He now faces life imprisonment.

NSW Police Minister David Elliott appeared to be seething that the millionaire restaurateur was granted bail by the courts.

'He doesn't deserve the confidence that the court has afforded him,' he said.

'But I'm pretty confident knowing the technology and surveillance techniques of the NSW Police he'll be found.

'My advice to him is to save yourself some time and anxiety and present yourself to the local police station today.'

Baluch, who once owned Cervo restaurant in Northbridge, was swept up by police in June as part of the high profile ANoM raids in June (pictured)

Baluch, who once owned Cervo restaurant in Northbridge, was swept up by police in June as part of the

read more from dailymail.....

PREV Have Kate and Will copied Meghan and Harry AGAIN?
NEXT Outrage as climate warriors Bill Gates and Jeff Bezos celebrate on ...