Mum slams Aldi after purchasing a popular body wash that large red welts on ...

Mum slams Aldi after purchasing a popular body wash that large red welts on ...
Mum slams Aldi after purchasing a popular body wash that large red welts on ...

A mother has slammed supermarket giant Aldi online after a popular shampoo product left large red welts on the back of her five-year-old son. 

Racheal purchased the 480mL 'Mamia 2 in 1 wash and shampoo' from the supermarket on October 16 as the label indicated the product was safe for young skin, including babies and those with sensitive skin.

However after opening the product on October 20 and rubbing the body wash onto her young son's back, she noticed an instant colour change to his skin.

Racheal purchased the 480mL ‘Mamia 2 in 1 wash and shampoo’ from Aldi on October 16 as the label indicated the product was safe for young skin

Racheal purchased the 480mL 'Mamia 2 in 1 wash and shampoo' from Aldi on October 16 as the label indicated the product was safe for young skin

Racheal shared photos of his red and inflamed back to an 'Aldi Mums' Facebook page after the bath time incident.

'I used this product on my five-year-old this morning, squirting directly on his skin so he could lather and wash, and within a few seconds I noticed his skin turning red so I immediately washed it off using just water,' she captioned the photos. 

Racheal told Daily Mail Australia that the welts, which remained on his skin for several hours, looked more like burns rather than an allergic reaction.

'My son has no known allergies, however something did not agree with him in this product,' she added.

However, after opening the product on October 20 and placing the body wash on her young son’s back, she suddenly realised his skin turned red almost immediately

However, after opening the product on October 20 and placing the body wash on her young son's back, she suddenly realised his skin turned red almost immediately

'We consume a lot of nuts in our home so I know certainly that this reaction wasn't caused by the almond oil as most assumed in my Facebook post.'

The product had not been tampered with and the packaging was intact.

Thankfully, the young boy didn't require further medical attention after a cool compress was used to ease the initial discomfort.

PREV Trump's blood oxygen levels fell 'dangerously low' after he contracted COVID
NEXT Australia: Terrifying moment teenager forced to ground gunpoint police BMW ...