Two young musicians who dreamed of performing with Drake told a friend they were desperate to stop using drugs, before they were tragically found dead inside a family home.
The lifeless bodies of Sawandeep Singh Chhokar, 20, and Ethan Sfetcopoulos, 19, were uncovered at property on Kinchega Drive in Shepparton, northern Victoria, at 11am on Monday.
Police are not treating the deaths as suspicious and said an autopsy would confirm the exact cause, but heartbroken friends revealed the young men had a drug overdose.
'I only found out that they were struggling a bit with drugs after Ethan dropped his latest album and mentioned he's not about that life,' close friend Jonathan Safari told Daily Mail Australia.
Sawandeep Singh Chhokar (pictured with close friend Kaitlin Edwards at their school debutant ball) and Ethan Sfetcopoulos were found dead on Monday morning
Friends believe Sawandeep Singh Chhokar, 20, (left) and Ethan Sfetcopoulos, 19, (right) had a drug overdose
'They both definitely wanted to stop using - I know that for sure.'
The pair had big dreams of becoming international music stars - Mr Sfetcopoulos wanted to perform with renowned rapper Drake, and Mr Chhokar wanted to be 'the greatest Punjabi artist in Australia', and was inspired by Canadian rapper Nav.
'Ethan always said, 'Imma do this music thing until the world knows Sfet',' Mr Safari recalled.
'We had plans to make a song together and maybe in the future make an album together. Now they're both gone without even a warning.'
The aspiring musician said the young men went out of their way to support and encourage their friends - 'they basically wanted the best for everyone they came across,' he added.
Mr Chhokar wanted to