Teenager lucky to be alive getting struck by lightning as his grateful mother ...

Teenager lucky to be alive getting struck by lightning as his grateful mother ...
Teenager lucky to be alive getting struck by lightning as his grateful mother ...

A Queensland mother has revealed the extraordinary reason her young son has survived being hit by a bolt of lightning. 

Talyn Rose, 14, is lucky to be alive after the powerful electrical charge threw him to the ground outside the Robina State High School last Friday. 

The teenager had been walking into school when a powerful lightning bolt bounced off a nearby metal pole, travelled up his body and shot back out his arm.   

His mother, Michelle Nimmo has revealed it was the thick rubber soles of her son's school shoes that absorbed the majority of the current, saving his life. 

Queensland teenager Talyn Rose, 14, (pictured) is lucky to be alive after a giant spark of electricity threw him off his feet outside his high school on Friday

Queensland teenager Talyn Rose, 14, (pictured) is lucky to be alive after a giant spark of electricity threw him off his feet outside his high school on Friday

The teenager had been walking into Robina State High School (pictured) when a powerful lightning bolt bounced off a nearby metal pole, travelled up his body and back out his arm

The teenager had been walking into Robina State High School (pictured) when a powerful lightning bolt bounced off a nearby metal pole, travelled up his body and back out his arm

A thunderstorm had been brewing all morning when she dropped Talyn to school on a seemingly ordinary Friday, Ms Nimmo told 7NEWS.

She recalled receiving a call from the school just minutes after she had waved her son goodbye, informing her an ambulance was on its way to pick him up. 

'It was absolutely bucketing down rain and I could barely hear them or believe what they were saying,' she recalled. 

The power of the bolt threw Talyn to the ground and caused every one of his muscles to tense and then go completely numb. 

He later told his mother he could barely hear or feel anything for a whole minute following the enormous electric shock.  

Luckily, a father sitting inside his car witnessed the terrifying scene and ran to his aid, taking the

read more from dailymail.....

PREV Omicron NSW Covid Australia: State reports 25 variant cases in total
NEXT Tory MPs and industry chiefs live up to condemn extra Covid tests for ...