Disney fan 'needed surgery after princess-themed B&M glass exploded'

Disney fan 'needed surgery after princess-themed B&M glass exploded'
Disney fan 'needed surgery after princess-themed B&M glass exploded'
Disney fan, 24, 'needed surgery after princess-themed glass from B&M exploded in her face as she drank' Lauren Perks, 24, was washing down a tablet with water when glass exploded  She said the shattered Disney-themed cup left shards of glass in her stomach  Lauren was put under anaesthetic for two hours as the glass was removed 

View
comments

A woman was left needing surgery to remove shards of glass from her mouth and stomach after a Disney princess-themed glass bought from B&M exploded in her face as she drank from it.

Lauren Perks, 24, from Barking, east London, was washing down a tablet with a glass of water on Thursday when the Disney-themed cup from B&M suddenly exploded. 

She said she attempted to spit out chunks of glass but realised she had swallowed some with her medicine as she could feel a piece lodged in her chest.

Lauren and fiancée Kelly, 24, rushed to A&E where she says x-rays revealed she had swallowed numerous different sized pieces of glass that had made their way into Lauren's chest and stomach and could have been 'tearing her insides'.

The Disney fan, who is unemployed due to a disability, was put under general anaesthetic for two hours while medics picked fragments of glass from her stomach by inserting a tube down her throat.

Lauren Perks attempted to spit out chunks of glass but realised she had swallowed some with her medicine as she could feel a piece lodged in her chest

Lauren Perks attempted to spit out chunks of glass but realised she had swallowed some with her medicine as she could feel a piece lodged in her chest

Lauren says she's been in touch with B&M to complain who have asked for a photo of the receipt and a sample of the glass to help them investigate

Lauren says she's been in touch with B&M to complain who have asked for a photo of the receipt and a sample of the glass to help them investigate

Lauren said: 'It's literally such a freak accident. I was just having a drink. I took the glass out of the cupboard and poured myself a glass of water. As I was drinking it, the glass literally exploded and shattered in my

read more from dailymail.....

PREV Skin disease detected in Melbourne's northern suburbs - buruli ulcer
NEXT Satellite video shows moment a massive Colorado dust storm colliding with three ...