Thursday 19 May 2022 02:40 AM A British toddler who died after contracting a tummy bug while on holiday trends now
A British toddler who died of a tummy bug while on holiday in Turkey caught a unique strain of E.coli an inquest has heard.
Allie Birchall, two, was struck down with a bacterial infection and developed complications after staying at the five Crystal Sunset Luxury Resort and Spa in Antalya.
The Manchester toddler's family had to make the heartbreaking decision to switch off her life support after she was flown back to the UK and rushed to hospital.
Doctors found she had suffered brain damage.
Little Allie died after contracting a tummy bug at a five-star resort in Turkey three years ago
An inquest into her death ruled that Allie, of Atherton in Wigan, Lancs, had a unique strain of E.coli which originated from Turkey.
However, Manchester Coroners Court heard it was not possible to say how she contracted the bacteria and the coroner concluded her death was from natural causes.
Allie's mum Katie, 36, said she was 'grateful' to have some answers and hoped that no other family would suffer like hers.
Speaking after the inquest today, Katie said: 'Losing our little Allie so tragically and suddenly was heartbreaking for us all, and it's still incredibly difficult to think