Thursday 19 May 2022 07:55 AM Harry and Meghan welcome Netflix cameras into their mansion to film ... trends now

Thursday 19 May 2022 07:55 AM Harry and Meghan welcome Netflix cameras into their mansion to film ... trends now
Thursday 19 May 2022 07:55 AM Harry and Meghan welcome Netflix cameras into their mansion to film ... trends now

Thursday 19 May 2022 07:55 AM Harry and Meghan welcome Netflix cameras into their mansion to film ... trends now

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle are reportedly filming an 'at-home docuseries' already branded a royal Keeping Up with the Kardashians for Netflix who are said to have secured their 'pound of flesh' in return for their Megxit $100million streaming deal.

The Sussexes are said to have welcomed cameras into their $14million Montecito mansion for a reality-type show in the mould of The Osbournes - although it is not yet known if the couple's two children, three-year-old Archie and 11-month-old Lilibet, will also feature.

'I think it's fair to say that Netflix is getting its pound of flesh,' a Hollywood insider in the know about the project has said. 

The at home reality show was pioneered by The Osbournes, which made Ozzy and Sharon the king and queen of reality TV. The mantle was then taken on by the Kardashians, who are now in their 20th season. The format would likely suit Harry and Meghan, who have demanded control over their media messaging since emigrating in 2020.

And with just two weeks until the Sussexes all fly into the UK for the Queen's Platinum Jubilee, the story on Page Six in the US will raise anxieties at Buckingham Palace that the couple will use it to fire more transatlantic potshots at the Royal Family. 

The Queen's aides are said to have already banned Harry and Meghan's camera crews from her palaces as she marks her extraordinary 70-year reign. The couple have also been barred from the Buckingham Palace balcony for the Changing the Guard on June 2. But the Netflix team have been following them since last year, including a trip to New York compared to a royal visit and their trip to The Hague for the Invictus Games in April.

Sources suggest that the Sussexes are angling for the docuseries' broadcast to be delayed until early next year, around the time Harry is expected to release his tell-all memoirs where he will likely have another say on Megxit as well the Sussexes' claims that an unnamed royal was racist towards Archie and aides neglected his wife when she was suicidal and pregnant.

'The timing is still being discussed, things are up in the air,' a 'producer in the know' claimed, adding that the cameras had been rolling at their grand home in Montecito.

Royal expert Angela Levin, author of 2018 book ‘Harry: Conversations With The Prince’, said today: Harry wanted privacy and to be ordinary. He also hated cameras. But he's ended up doing an at home docuseries for Netflix. Does he need to be searched for hidden cameras on Jubilee days? Will he steal the event from the Queen?’

Australian royal commentator Daniela Elser said: 'In only four years, the Sussexes have gone from being global darlings, resoundingly adored with desk drawers full of enterprising plans for charity projects, to reducing themselves to proto-Kardashians'.

The 'at-home docuseries' is one of the couple's main media projects after Netflix, whose share price has tumbled after subscribers dropped as the pandemic fizzled out, scrapped Meghan's animated show Pearl about a young girl inspired by Meghan who takes on social injustices while highlighting the work of feminist icons. The Duchess of Sussex is said to be looking for another broadcaster to buy it up.

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle are reportedly filming an 'at-home with the Sussexes-style' docuseries for Netflix and are said to have given cameras access to their Montecito home

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle are reportedly filming an 'at-home with the Sussexes-style' docuseries for Netflix and are said to have given cameras access to their Montecito home 

According to Page Six, Harry, 37, and Meghan, 40, have been filming for several months, however it is not known whether they have allowed Archie and Lilibet to be on camera

According to Page Six, Harry, 37, and Meghan, 40, have been filming for several months, however it is not known whether they have allowed Archie and Lilibet to be on camera 

Exclusive DailyMail.com images taken during Meghan and Harry's trip to New York and New Jersey in September showed a team of two women and one man bundling camera equipment hidden under coats and bags out of the couple's high-end residence at 860 United Nations Plaza - and even joining them in an Airstream van on their way to a veterans' gala. 

Another Page Six insider described the plans for the docuseries as Netflix 'getting its pound of flesh' from the Sussexes, who have yet to create any real content for the streaming giant - despite signing their lucrative deal with the company in September 2020. 

DailyMail.com has reached out to a Netflix spokesperson and Archewell Productions for comment. 

The news comes amid growing concerns about Harry's upcoming $20 million memoir, in which he is expected to publicly tell all about his relationship with his estranged family.

Royal insiders have been left deeply concerned by Harry's decision to secretly collaborate with Pulitzer-winning ghostwriter JR Moehringer on what his publishers described as 'the definitive account of the experiences, adventures, losses, and life lessons that have helped shape him'. 

The Queen, Prince Charles and Prince William are said to have been completely blindsided by Harry's shock announcement that he has been secretly working on his as yet untitled memoirs for more than a year now.

Royal experts had previously warned that the potentially

read more from dailymail.....

PREV Friday 1 July 2022 07:36 PM Majority of Americans now want Biden to prioritize tackling inflation over ... trends now
NEXT Friday 1 July 2022 07:54 PM Jean-Pierre calls Florida's 'Don't Say Gay Bill' discrimination and vows to ... trends now